twenty-three

+

the following day was monday, the day bella was absolutely dreading.

not only was it the lone fact the it was school, but going to school meant luke.

she slipped on a north bay sweatshirt, not really caring to check if it was dirty. who was she trying to impress?

no one, actually.

heading out the door, she plugged in her head phones, pierce the veil's disasterology blasting into her ears.

can we create something beautiful,

and destroy it.

nobody knows i dream about it.

this is my imagination-

the tune was cut off by her head phones being yanked out of her ears, her head snapping around to a tall boy with them in his hands.

'oh hi' bella muttered, taking her ipod out of her pocked to turn the song off.

'hi' luke faked a smile, sending bella the wrong message.

in her mind, he didn't care. 'he's messing around with you' started playing in the back of her head, which she quickly shook out. it was too early for that.

'look im sorry-'

'no, i get it' she cut him off.

'but you-'

'no.' she started 'i get it. she's pretty, nice, and, well-' she turned to the bus currently pulling up.

'thin' she muttered, taking a step onto the vehicle, again leaving luke dumbfounded and temporarily alone on the pavement.

she sat in the middle, setting her things next to her that were soon moved by the same boy.

he didn't pity bella, not one bit. but what she said hit him in the chest; a pang of guilt spreading in him.

so maybe the reason he gave up on love just appeared at his apartment two nights before, telling him she still loved him. and maybe bella was supposed to come over.

he was torn, truly and utterly torn.

he took a seat next to her, still somehow able to tuck a piece of hair behind her ear.

'stop' she mumbled.

'why should i?' he slightly sent a smirk.

she simply shook her head and bowed her head back down to text calum.

caLUM iS (not) seXY (-cal xx); 7:37 - frick you, you fricking frick.

cal pal; 7:38 - ouch that hurt, fuck you man.

whilst her and calum had a miniature war, luke couldn't help but to peer around, soon noticing that everyone was looking at them.

his cheeks turning a light pink all of a sudden he took this as some kind of an opportunity.

he was somehow able to sneak his arm around her waist, pulling her closer. she tensed up, not quite knowing what the hell luke was doing.

her phone vibrated.

cal pal; 7:43 - don't get too close to shit head. jesus is watching you two.