thirty-eight

+

after luke contemplated whether or not he should leave, he came to the conclusion that he had taken too long.

bella's mother would be getting suspicious soon.

so with a final kiss and a murmured 'i love you', he left.

bella padded back up the steps and into her room, where she pulled out her phone.

to: cal pal - hey loser come over pls

she needed someone to talk to. and if it weren't for her mother, that someone would be luke.

so she settled for calum.

to: best bitch - uh yea be there in a bit
she sighed, walking out of her room and across the hall to the cream-colored door.

her hand pushed it open to reveal no one was in there.

had her mother really left that quickly? wow, she thought.

she walked down the stairs and into the kitchen were she stuck a bag of popcorn in the microwave.

she felt guilty that she didn't want to eat in front of luke. he had said he didn't care, after all.

she still felt self conscious.

to: best bitch - open up the door, man

she let out a huff, padding over to the front door. she pulled on the knob to reveal her best friend who she hadn't seen in what felt like a month.

'took you long enough' he laughed into the crook of her neck.

'whatever happened to knocking?' bella joked.

'knocking is overrated, bell.' he shrugged, taking a seat on the slightly uncomfortable couch.

'anyways, how is my best friend doing?' he called out to her who was currently pulling the steaming hot popcorn bag out of the beeping microwave.

'im okay..' she trailed off.

'and im guessing i came here because you needed help with your.. guy problems?' he raised his eyebrows.

'shit.' she accidentally cursed under her breath as she looked at the bowl of brown and black popcorn kernels.

'did i just hear a cuss from bella hughes?' he laughed, laying back onto the arm of the couch.

'it's all burnt.' she whined, sighing quite loudly.

he shot up and walked into the kitchen, the smell of burnt popcorn making him cough.

'how do you even burn popcorn?'

she shrugged.

'should we just put chocolate on it like mom used to?' he suggested referring her mother's famous (to calum, at least) snack she would make.

'i dont think chocolate will save this one, cal.' she laughed.

[a/n]

yea i thought this was kinda cute idk but awE