thirty-seven

+

a buzz went off in her pocket.

not bothering to check the caller id, she placed the phone up to her ear.

'hello?'

'hi love' she could practically hear his smile.

'hi' her returned smile faded quickly when her mother stepped in front of her.

'uh- could you come over?' bella looked up to meet gazes with her mother.

'what?- i mean after the whole blow-up-in-front-of-a-small-coffeeshop thing happened?'

'yeah' she nodded instinctively.

'i should be there in a bit.'

'okay.' her stomach turned.

'wait, bella?'

'huh?' she watched her mother walk away.

'you know i love you right?'

'yeah i do, luke.' she smiled.

'good.' he breathed into the phone before the line went dead.

-
he knocked on the front door twenty minutes later, bella making sure she would be the one to answer it.

as soon as the door was cracked open, his arms were wrapped around her waist. it seemed as if it were a habit of his.

she grabbed his hand, practically dragging him up the stairs and into her room.

'quick- uh i have to do this okay. i don't want to-' she frowned, stopping herself when she saw her mother in the door way.

she bit her lip at his confused look.

how would this make her any happier?

if this were for her own good then maybe it wouldn't bother her as much as it already was.

'uh- i love you a lot luke, i really do, but i-' she sighed at her small voice.

'i think you can find someone else that are better then me.'

tears welled up in both of their eyes, both trying to hold them back.

'o-okay.' he looked down.

she wanted to say something, she really did. she couldn't with her mother practically staring her down.

'im sorry.'

'don't b-be' he breathes out, a tear falling.

she wanted to wipe it away so very badly.

the small figure in the doorway walked away, a wave of some relief washing through bella.

her mother had walked away.

she took a small step towards the boy, swiping a few fallen tears from his cheeks.

'i-ill go home.'

'no wait.' she stopped him in a pleading tone 'i have to explain something, please.'

his eyebrows furrowed as he looked at her.

'my mom, sh-she wanted me to break up with you. i swear i didn't want to, i love you so much.' she padded over to the cracked open door, shutting it.

he let out a loud breath 'i love you too but-'

'she's crazy, i know.' she cut him off.

'pretty much' he mumbled, pressing his lips to hers for a brief moment.

'how are we gonna do this?' she mumbled.

'i don't know' he sighed 'but i can't let you go, i love you too much for that.'

[a/n]

okay so yup this book has about 5-8 chapters left and then im probably going to do a sequel

i hope you are as excited as i am cus this book is gonna be boss tbh

but don't get your hopes up idk lol

also it would be great if you could comment or vote!!

i have been having a v hard time updating so i need just a little more inspiration i guess

thank yall for sticking with me