2. Bliss

I woke up to a gentle shake on my shoulder. At first it wasn't noticeable but as I re-entered the world of the living, it definitely became more annoying.

Slowly, I peeled my eyes open unprepared for the onslaught of light that immediately reached my eyes. As I shifted my head, a pair of blue colored eyes came into view.

"Dad says it's time to wake up and that if you don't, I have permission to pour water onto you."

I closed my eyes and sighed, preparing to hoist myself out of bed when suddenly, ice cold water was poured onto my face. Rapidly, I sat up opening my eyes, staring at the little monster aka my little brother who had decided to do it. His face paled. I watched as he took a gulp.

"You have five seconds,"I growled, not pleased with the rude awakening. With one last look at my face, which was red with rage, he fled the room running for his life.

I peeled back my now sodden covers and climbed out of bed. My laptop had been moved from my bed to my desk along with my math book and my lamp had been turned off, a sign that my mom had already been into the room.

Grabbing a change of clothes and a towel, I head to the shared bathroom preparing to get ready for the day. I stripped the soaked clothes and chucked them into the hamper before stepping under the boiling water of the shower.

Closing my eyes, I think back to yesterday, the competition, losing, then winning. Wait, then winning? My eyes shot open and shampoo flooded them. I let out a small scream of pain, rubbing my eyes to try to lessen the burn. A knock sounded from the door followed by my dad's smooth voice from the other side.

"Are you alright in there, Paige?"

"Yeah, yeah I'm fine just some shampoo in my eyes. Nothing to worry about."

"Okay well hurry up, it took forever to wake you and we don't need you taking forever in there too. It's almost 1 o'clock for Gods sake!" And with that he shuffled away, probably to find Mom or Carter.

I quickly rinsed the rest of my hair before jumping out and swiftly wrapping the towel around my self before dashing to my room, leaving my clothes back in the bathroom. I opened my laptop, rapidly typing in my password and go straight to my emails.

There at the top, an email from 114.4 FM radio station.

Dear Ms. Paige Lewis,
We are pleased to announce that you have won the second ticket to the Wanderlust music festival. To collect your reward, please come to 157 Greystone Drive in Raleigh, North Carolina at precisely 2pm on Sunday.
Kind regards,
114.4 FM rock and alt radio station.

•••

"You have to see this. I won the contest last night!" I exclaimed proudly, pointing at the laptop screen to show my mom the email. We currently sat around our small dining table enjoying a late family lunch, my dad sat opposite to my mom, skimming through his weekly newspaper, and Carter sat across from me. Every so often, his leg would 'accidentally' swing into my shin and in return, mine would go straight back into his.

"What? There was another chance?" Her dark blue eyes skimmed the details in the email and her face broke out into a wide smile. She gripped my shoulder in excitement. "We're so excited for you, Honey!"

"No we're not," came the snarky reply from my brother who snarled at me.

Yup. Definitely jealous.

My dad looked down at his glimmering metal watch. "It's about one thirty. You better get going if you want to get there on time. Do you need a ride, Paige?"