20. Unload

It's official. I'm Parker deprived.

It's been a day since we got back. A whole freaking day without seeing Parker. I could feel the small ache in my heart while we're not together. I've gotten so used to his presence over the last week that the empty space in my bed felt so much colder than usual.

My suitcase sat zipped up, fully packed on my desk chair. Mom had tried to help me unpack when we'd arrived back home but I declined. Honestly, all I had wanted to do was sleep. The short(ish) journey home had worn me out and the last couple days had worn me down. Mainly because I was no longer feeling a constant adrenaline rush.

My feet had finally caught up to my exhaustion as well, feeling like jelly after constant days of rushing from stage to stage and my number of steps being at an all time high. So I cuddled further into my soft blanket, closing my eyes to get a quick nap in before mom came home but a sudden buzzing caught my attention.

My black iPhone was vibrating on my side table in response to a text that just came through. I assumed it was my best friend, per usual, asking another question about my trip.

I groaned, What does she want now? She said she would be coming over today so why doesn't she wait?

When I reached over to see the message, it wasn't the crazy red head and my heart jumped a beat when I looked at the sender.

Parker
Hey, what are you up to?

There was no way in hell I would be texting him the truth. The truth that I was laying in bed dreaming of him being next to me for just a little longer so instead I texted him back the bland (yet somewhat honest) version.

Me
Not much, having a pretty lazy day. Am I just a wimp or are you as exhausted as I am?

Parker
Babe, I do soccer. My athletic stamina is pretty high but I'm sorry if I wore you out :(

Me
Nah, I didn't feel it until now. I'll be back to my usual (still unathletic) self by tomorrow!

Parker
Speaking of tomorrow ;)

Oh god where was he going with this? My anxiety skyrocketed as I saw the three bubbles continue their dance while thinking of the possibilities of what he was about to say.

Parker
Can I take you out? Now that we're back in town, I wanna take you to all my favorite places and do some things together.

I silently "awed" out loud at his cute words and remembered his promise in Florida that this wouldn't just be a one time thing. I had to tease him a bit before agreeing as my heart wanted to blurt out yes a million times.

Me
You must really miss me already to wanna see me so soon :)

His response came instantaneously and I was shocked by his honesty.

Parker
You know I do ;) What do you say? Pick you up at 7?

My fingers were about to type out my agreement when a voice in front of me called out. "Is that Parker?" I jumped in freight at the interruption of the room's silence.

"Jesus, Carly! You almost gave me a heart attack!" I tried to catch my breath as I sat up in my comfy bed, turning towards my friend who was already making her self comfortable at the end of the comforter and didn't have an ounce of regret as she giggled.