11. Playful

Today was the day I had been waiting for. My first music festival in sunny Florida with tons of amazing bands. This was going to be an unforgettable weekend.

I woke up smiling, thinking about the three days ahead of us. Throwing off the covers, I quickly (and messily) made the bed and grabbed my swimsuit before heading towards the bathroom. Parker was snoring away on the floor, which I have no idea how he came to be on, blanket stretched over himself and the couch. It was only 8 in the morning which meant that we still had about 6 hours before the festival started. I wanted to relax on the small sun deck for a bit to try and get through more of my book before we have to go home, Carly would not approve of this but Kharis probably would. I grabbed my damp bikini off of the side of the tub and haphazardly through it on, only messing with the straps to make them tighter. I put on a plain white shirt over the top and some baggy sleep shorts before making my way back into the room.

I put a towel, my book, headphones and power bank (just in case) into my beach bag, slipped on my sunglasses and then glanced back at Parker. He was still sound asleep in what seemed to be a very uncomfortable position, resting his head on his arm instead of a pillow. Cautiously, I grabbed one from the bed, gingerly made my way over to him, lifted his head and arm ever so slightly and tucked it underneath him. My actions caused him to stir slightly in his sleep but didn't wake him. Instead, he snuggled deeper into the softness of the pillow, turning to hug it closer to himself. I couldn't control the little 'aw' that escaped my throat.

He's too cute in the mornings.

I realized I probably shouldn't leave without leaving a note to tell him where I've gone but instead, I decide it's probably better to just drop him a text later, that way he's more likely to see it.

I grabbed the spare room key, slipped on my shoes and headed for breakfast.

•••

The breakfast area was small. It's pretty much a small conference room with different foods that have clearly been ordered in but still, it's better then nothing. The walls have been painted a pale yellow which in the bright white lights, looked sickly and ugly. It wouldn't have been my first choice of color. The entire scheme of the room was honestly not the best. Along with the yellow walls, dirt brown seats were placed around tables that had white fabric thrown over them to cover the outdoor metal tables they had filled the room.

The blinding overhead lights made the room feel extremely fake and blocked out a lot of the natural light from the other end where only two windows, that went wall to wall but not floor to ceiling, were. The carpet was also brown, a lighter shade then the seats however. A thin layer of dust laid over it along with stains from where people hadn't taken care and split their foods and drinks

I grabbed a yogurt and a cup of tea before taking a seat at a small table close to the windows near the other end so that I can look over the few buildings below us. It's nice to watch the world go by, it's calming. This is a great time to clear my head and thoughts. Although, recently they always ended up back to Parker.

It's clear that I have some sort of attraction towards him, and honestly it's not that bad of a thing. I'm not going to say that he's unattractive 'cause that's a lie. Anyone could see that he's attractive. But that's the confusing bit, I can't tell what kind of attraction I  have for him whether it's just physical or something more...

Tilting my head, I looked down to see my spoon scraping the bottom of the cup and my tea stone cold, still in the same place from when I first sat down. I sighed. Why is this so confusing?

I stood up, trashed the empty yogurt cup and placed the full cup of tea on a push trolley with dirty dishes before heading out of the breakfast room.