36. Rescue

Parker

Urg, what's that sound?

The brill of my cellphone broke my slumber as I twisted in my bed, trying to ignore it. But the high pitch sound wouldn't go away even after I tried covering my head with a pillow. So I gave up, my hand fumbling around my side table to find the annoying object that interrupted my dreams.

My eyes squinted at the sudden brightness and couldn't comprehend what the caller ID was before I accepted the call in a groggy voice, "Hello?"

A female's shrill and slurry voice was on the other end,"Parker! Oh thank god you picked up. We deleted your number and I've been trying to find someone who knew you and knew you well enough to have your number and then you weren't answering so I thought they gave me the wrong number but I didn't know what else to do but to call you because you're the only one who can help her right-"

"Woah, woah! Slow down, just tell me what's wrong." I recognized Carly's voice and my fatigue immediately washed away. I sat up in panic of why she needed to call me at this late hour, being obviously drunk.

"She's on the fucking table and as much as I hate you right now, you're the only one who can pull her off. I keep trying but she won't budge and guys are now trying to grab her and I don't know what else to do and I don't want this to get more out of hand than it already has. She's drunker than I am!"

My heart stopped at the image of my girl being touched or assaulted by other guys and her best friend letting this happen. "Why the fuck would you get Paige drunk?" I yelled, my voice hitting the volume of her own which was loud due to the background music.

"I was trying to get her mind off of you, asshole! Let's just forget about everything right now and please come get her. She needs you."

I was already out of my covers, reaching for a shirt on the ground as I scrambled to find pants all while balancing the phone in the crook of my neck. "I'm coming. Where are you?" I was now bounding down the stairs, with no care as to if I woke anyone else up.

"I don't know, at some kid named Ethan's house. I know he's a football player at my school possibly the quarterback. Oh wait! Maybe he's the-"

Thank god I recognized the name as I hoped it was the same football player named Ethan who threw parties often after games. My teammates dragged me to a few of them and I vaguely  remembered where his house was from always being the DD.

"Got it. I'll be there in ten," I hung up before she could reply as I grabbed my keys hanging on a hook near the door. Realistically, it was over twenty minutes to his side of town but boy was that going to be cut down by my speeding.

I barely processed what was happening on the road as my thoughts roared on, heavy in my head.

How is she drunk? She hasn't been drinking since that day at the festival... No one better touch her! Those guys better keep their nasty ass hands to themselves.

After the longest eight minutes of my life, I pulled up to a familiar looking house that had blaring music and a road full of cars parked at. A party was in full swing.

I put my car in park in the middle of the cul de sac, blocking plenty of cars that I don't care about.

It wasn't too hard to find her when I entered the house because her name was being passed around like wildfire with what she was doing in the dining room. And then I heard her voice.