Chapter Four

"Come on Veronica, it's okay. Follow me" A voice muttered. I looked around to the blurry forest around me, searching for the source if the sound.

  It was like my eyes couldn't adjust to my surroundings. No matter how hard I tried to adjust, it was like there was a constant glitch in my senses. For it wasn't just my vision that was having trouble, my other senses were clogged.

  I looked around in confusion, where was I? And then it hit me, I was dreaming. But this wasn't a usual dream, this time I was looking through the eyes of a human.

  Someone named Veronica....why was I seeing this?

  "Come on Ronnie, follow me." The same voice said slowly.

  "Of course, I'll follow you. I trust you." I answered. The tone wasn't my own, it sounded like a bell, ringing through the forest.

  Suddenly I started moving, I knew I shouldn't trust whoever was calling me. Well, not me...

  I couldn't stop, I had no control over my...er...Veronica's actions. I was just in the passenger seat. And there was nothing I could do. She wandered through the woods, following the sound of a man in the distance.

  We came to a stop in a clearing, the night sky above starless.

  "Come closer, Ronnie." It spoke, tauntingly. There was something off...but I had no control over this girl's moves.

  Don't go. Don't go. Don't go. I chanted repeatedly, trying to get some kind of warning through to this girl.

  "Okay." She answered in a monotone voice. No. No. No! Listen to me, you idiot!

  She didn't, instead, she ignored me as if I wasn't there.

  Because you aren't.

It all happened too fast.

  A shadow approached us quickly, wrapping one arm around the girl's waist, and a hand covering her mouth. She let out a small whimper.

  "Shhhhh...Ronnie. It's okay. I'll do this quickly." The man standing behind us said. It took a second before realization hit me.

  No...No, No! He was going to kill us...her! He was going to kill her, and there was nothing I could do to help!

  Veronica didn't seem to notice this though, for she stood there. Not a care in the world as she awaited her death.

  Before we could comprehend what was happening, I knife was pressed against her neck.

  "I'm going to need you to keep quiet for me, okay, Ronnie?"

   For a second the hand on her mouth released, allowing her to respond.

  "Okay." She replied breathlessly.

The hand once again covered her mouth. The knife slid against her neck, her screams muffled against his sleeve covered hand.

  Sight went more out of focus, he released, she collapsed, the body went limp. She was dead, and I couldn't do anything about it.

  My senses went back to normal as I stared down at her broken figure, and a voice whispered threateningly into my ear, causing me to look around in fear.

  Do you see what I see? A monster coming for me.

  Do you hear what I hear? My muffled screams against his sleeve.

  Do you smell what I smell? Bodies rotting with me.

  Do you know what I know? He's not only after me.

:::

  I awoke in a quiet shout, not loud enough to wake anyone.

  What was that?! It was nothing like any nightmare I had ever had before. No, this seemed way too realistic to be a nightmare.

  A memory.

It was someone's memory.

  A vision.

Or was it a vision?

   An event.

Or was it something that had already happened.

Maybe I was just imaging things and it was just a nightmare.

  With this, I reluctantly fell into a dreamless sleep

:::

  I sat at my worn down desk once again, desperately trying to finish my drawing, when I heard a frantic knock on my door.

  "Come in," I said, keeping my voice as calm as possible. In entered Mom, her hair in a messy bun, a phone in hand.

  "It's for you." Mom said nervously.

  "Who is it?" I asked, eyeing the object wryly.

  "Al-Alpha K-Killian." She whimpered.
I gulped, sure I was his mate, but why was he calling when he could easily tear through our pack to get me?

  I stretched my arm out, taking the phone from her.

  "It's okay, Mom, don't worry. I'll deal with this." I said, hiding my own discomfort.

  She hurriedly exited the room, I couldn't blame her for wanting to leave, but not before shooting me a questioning look.

  I pulled the phone up to my ear, answering the call.

  "Yes?"

  "Mi amor." Killian answer, seemingly relieved.

  "What do you want?" I hissed.

   "You." He muttered, probably not realizing he said it. "I need you to meet me at your border, if not I will trespass. That's a promise."

  "Oh, really? Sounds more like a threat." Where was this sudden confidence coming from? 

  "I'd come here if I were you, Aspen."

  "Now, why would I do that?"  The next words he spoke unnerved me, and I was suddenly planning a trip to the Night Walker Pack.

   "Your friend is here." He growled.

If you thought it was okay, vote, comment. Please.