Chapter Sixteen

It's not okay. I destroyed houses and half of a children's school. All because I lost the war I've been fighting since last year.

My wolf came to me three years ago, but only completely surfaced last year. That's when I found out I was different.

Mia was dormant for two years, the year I fought my father. Then last year she made her appearance known.

That's why I didn't ever come out of my home, I knew she would want to be released and I couldn't allow that. The one time I did let her out I was able to stay very close to the surface, not letting her gain much control.

That exact day, my sister found out my true form. I was taken prisoner in my own pack. I escaped only to find Mia so close to the surface. Then when I wasn't able to hold her back anymore, she went on a rampage. It was all my fault.

The wolf I had seen in my 'vision' or whatever may or may not be dead. Because three others had been found dead be a cliff on the edge of my home territory, he was presumed dead and that lead to my imprisonment.

I had no memory of when Mia took control, but Killian's brief description was enough to sink me deeper into my own ocean of guilt and self-hatred.

I was staring absently into the green void of grass as I lay in the sun, drowning in self resentment. I could never face his pack with what I have done.

Many things were on my mind when my vision abruptly went blank. Instead of the blades of grass, I stared into an empty black abyss.

The same words repeated themselves in my head. The same monotone watery, feminine voice. Almost echo-like.

Home. -long pause- Home.

Da- incomprehensible voices overlap-

Home.

I snapped out of my self-hate for a second. I charged to where Killian had told me his office was. I barged into the door and followed his scent. I knocked on the door furiously.

"What's wrong?" He said opening the door.

"I need to speak with you." He scooted aside to let me in.

He went back to sit in his chair. I ushered to his desk and placed my hands onto the table, mindful not to disrupt his organization.

"I need to go visit my old pack," I said laying it out there. I didn't know anything about what was going on or if anything was going on, but I knew I had to go.

"Amor, don't you remember? They locked you up. They put you in a cage!" He seemed more irritated that I wanted to go there than the fact I was locked up.

"I know."

"Then why do you want to go back?!" He growled. Then I hit me. He thought I was leaving him. I had done it once, I wasn't stupid enough to do it again, but he didn't know that.

I placed my hands on his clenched fists and made direct eye contact. My expression softened when I saw the raw emotions of fear and worry.

"Killian," I spoke. "My mate. I won't ever leave you again."

I sensed his slight relaxation and calming of his wolf.

"But," His hope suddenly shattered, I continued anyway. He needed to hear it all. "I need to go. I need to make sure everything is okay back there."

"Why?" I heard the slight crack in his voice and I almost stopped and wrapped him in a hug, promising him with all my heart I wasn't ever going to leave him again. Almost.

"I just need to check on them, Killian. I have a feeling something has gone terribly wrong." He looked down.

"Hey," I said softly, bringing his chin back up with my hand. "You can come with me. I promise I'm not leaving, my lucida. (bright star)."

"Okay." He smiled, placing his hand on top of mine.

Please read>>>>>important>>>>>

I know it's very short but my mind is completely blank. And( maybe but most likely) instead of continuing Changing Fate after this one I might rewrite it and start uploading a different one instead. This will happen after I finish this one.

I know this one seems rushed. It is. This is my first ever book and there are a lot of grammatical errors and it probably doesn't seem very full if you know what I mean.

It's not very descriptive and it's rushed, I know that. Please stick with me, my next one will be better I promise❤

I just need to finish this one first. Again the next one probably won't be Changing Fate, I am(I have made the decision -please don't hate me) going to rewrite it.

(On inkitt I had written two chapters of Changing Fate, but I have decided to rewrite it)