Chapter Fourteen

(The closest I could get to Killian's wolf)
I pulled out of the darkness slightly. It was enough to feel the bumps of the ground and hear the voices around me. The bumps in the ground came in a rush, I could tell whoever it was was in a hurry.

Before the darkness consumed me once again I felt something squeeze me slightly and him say.

"I know we're enemies, but give me a chance. I-" And I was out.

~

It was dark and I was cold. Except for one part of me. My...hand? Yeah, yeah, my hand. I came closer to the surface as I fought the darkness that prayed to consume me. Then something strange happened. You know how everyone always hears the beeping of the heart monitor and it urges them to wake? Well...I heard it flatline. An eerie stretched noise.

It didn't make sense though, I didn't feel like I was disappearing into the empty depths. I was actually pretty close to the surface, I could feel it. My senses came back to me. I could hear loud and clear the flatline of the heart monitor, smell the wolf who shook me as if his life depended on it, and feel the vibrations of the feet thundering into my room.

"Wake up, A-" I felt the aches of my body and Mia sleeping in my mind.

"Spen, wake up!" I heard the urgency in my mates voice.

"Please, mi amor." And the pleading it held. I opened my eyelids and immediately shut them. I waited for my eyes to adjust before I opened them fully.

The first thing I saw was Killian bent over me shaking my arms. His blind eye, and not, found mine and his actions froze. I stared into the blue depths and sighed.

"How-" But I cut him off.

"Can you get your paws off me Mr. bear." He looked puzzled but compiled to my request. He tried to stop me from sitting up but I pushed his hands aside. I winced slightly at the pain and looked around the room.

It held the pack healer and his assistants, plus my mate.

I looked at each of them in turn. "Yes?"

The Healer held up a finger but I cut him off.

"Can someone turn that off? It's getting pretty annoying." I said pointing to the heart monitor ignoring the fact it proclaimed me to be dead. I saw someone head for it and turned my attention to my mate.

I frowned at his expression. "I thought you'd be happy I'm alive."

He blinked rapidly. "I-I am." He stuttered. I stretched and pain shot through my body, I grit my teeth to keep from making any noise.

Killian helped me lay down on the bed. The healers continued to stare blankly.

"Hello?" I waved my arm and winced at the strain. "Are you going to say something or just stand there." I deadpanned.

They didn't move a muscle so Killian walked up to them and whacked the main Healer dude on the back of his head. He flinched and rubbed his head.

"Hey, um, " He cleared his throat. "sorry. Let me check your vitals." He walked up to me and I let him do what he needed to do, I didn't have the energy to fight.