Chapter Fifteen

I woke up the next morning with minimal pain. I don't know what it was but I felt...happy. After the whole me passing out thing I felt closer to my mate. It felt weird that I had gone from running away to my family abandoning me, to being locked away, to being kidnapped by my mate, to...well now.

I didn't remember a thing of when Mia took over. Whatever she did, she seemed content now. She didn't seem as restless. Yes, she would probably kill anyone who defied her or looked at her wrong. But we had our mate, and that comforted me.

I hopped from my bed, grabbed an outfit, and showered. When I came out Killian was sitting at the table.

"Hey," I said walking up to him and sitting on his lap. He looked surprised but sighed in content when I snuggled closer to him.

"Hey." He placed a gentle, almost hesitant, kiss on my head. I sighed and leaned as closely as possible into him.

"Are you hungry?"

"No."

"When was the last time you ate something?" When I didn't answer he had his. "Here." He turned me around to face the table. In front of me was a barely touched bowl of cereal.

He typed away on his phone while I ate. I finished about three-quarters of it before I faced him again.

He continued to stare at his phone. I was inclined to slap it out If his hand, but I knew that was unreasonable. So I did the next best thing.

I leaned forward and planted an open-mouthed kiss right below his ear. I felt him immediately tense beneath me. I nibbled on his ear and he growled lowly. I kissed his jawline and he tightened the one arm he had around my waist.

I knew I should stop. I needed answers, but making him feel this way brought joy to me. I trailed down to where his mark, and where mine would be once he marked me, would be and sucked. He purred, like a cat. I heard the phone drop as he wrapped his other arm around me.

"Why have you been so affectionate lately?"  I bit down slightly but not enough to mark him. He sucked in a sharp breath. "Not that I'm complaining."

I giggled and snuggled into his neck, breathing in his scent. He whined, but I soon felt him bury his own face in my neck. He licked and I squirmed.

"You're mine." He growled. I laughed lightly and agreed with him.

"I'm yours. And you're mine." He purred at my confirmation. I lifted my head to look at him.

"Would you stop purring? You're not a cat."

"I can't help it." He whined. I grinned and lent down to stare into his eyes, both blind and not. His eyes flickered from mine to my lips then back up.

Then he purred again. I pushed him off me. "Would you stop with the goddamn purring? You're not a fucking cat."

He chuckled. "Sorry, my wolf got a bit excited."

"Is he a cat then?" I laughed.

"I guess so." He looked down and frowned.

"Wha-" I glanced down to where he was looking. "Oh." There on the floor lay the poor phone he had had in his hand, completely shattered.

"That's the fifth one this week." He muttered.

"I have a question," I said repositioning myself in his lap.

"Shoot."

"What happened when...well..you know?" I was referring to when Mia took over.

"Oh, follow me." He took me upstairs to his room. He sat in the center of his bed and I climbed up and took my rightful place in his lap. I enjoyed sitting in his lap, it felt right.