Chapter Seven

I woke with a start, sitting up I shook my head. Trying to banish the horrible nightmare from my mind.

  I jumped out of bed, making my way to the bathroom placed next to the closet of my new room. I closed the door behind me hopping into the shower without a second thought. The hot water burned my skin, kinda...

  I finished only to realize my very intelligent self didn't remember to bring clothes with me to change into.

  I sighed to myself, praying to the moon goddess no one was in my room, wrapping the towel tightly around me.

  I carefully peaked my head out, mumbling in relief. I was the only one in my room. I stepped towards my bag, that lay near the bed, and dug into it. I was unaware of anyone's presence until it was too late.

   "Hey, Aspen, I-" But the voice of my guest cut off, his eyes laid upon me. I heard a sharp intake of breath, then a growl.

  I turned my head, only to be met with the eyes of my mate. Flickering between his usual grey-blue to black.  He was standing in my doorway, a tense look to him as he tried to fight for control. A low growl rumbled through his chest.

  "Hey, Killian....." I whispered. He only stared in response, another growl echoing from him, while he glanced along my crouched figure.

  I looked back down to my bag, mentally cursing myself, and bit my bottom lip in embarrassment.

  Before I could tell my legs to run, I was forcefully slammed against the wall. Memories of the last time I was in such a confined space came rushing back, clouding my thoughts.

  As soon as I felt his warm breath next to my ear, all coherent thoughts left my brain.

  "Aspen," He breathed, sending shivers throughout my body. "don't do that, please."

  My very, very, clouded mind decided to ask the dumbest question. Even though I probably already knew the answer.

  "Do what?"

  "You know what." He growled out, placing his mouth against the bottom of my jaw.

  Once again my dumb clouded mind spoke up, again.

  "What ever do you mean?"

  He growled lowly again, placing kisses along my jawline.

  "Still don't know what I'm talking about?"

  "Nope," I said, biting my lip to keep any unwanted noises from escaping.

  "That," He muttered. Trailing his mouth along, he growled out anytime I would make any type of noise/movement.

  We were both trying to control our wolves, you could tell from our ragged breathing.

  I swore I almost gave into him until the front door slammed open.

  Killian jumped back in shock, sniffing the air he growled.

  "Tyler." He muttered. Looking to me he nodded his head.

  "Go get dressed, please." I nodded, moving to walk past him. Before I left, he grabbed my wrist, whispering to me.

  "Before I do something, you'll regret."

  :::

  I heard commotion downstairs as I walked down.

  "What are you doing here, Tyler?" Killian said, but you could tell he was controlling himself.

  "I-" Tyler started, but was cut off.

  "How dare you!!" Yelled a third voice.
I stopped at the bottom of the steps, peaking around the corner.