Part 18

Your POV:
"This is impossible!" I heard a women say. "This can't be right. She should of died!" Another women said. I was alive. I was still alive. I had to wake up now. I tried my hardest to open my eyes but it wasn't working. "Come on y/n. You can do it" I told myself. But it was working. It wasn't going to work.

I had given up until I heard Peter shouting. My poor brother. I couldn't give up on him. I had to do it. "For god sake y/n. Come on! You've put him through enough. COME ON!" I screamed to myself. Suddenly, I saw light. My vision was blurry but my eyes were opening. I slowly looked around till everything was normal. I was still laid down and I started frantically looking for Peter. I looked towards the window and saw him hugging aunt May. "Peter" I whispered quietly. He couldn't hear me. "Come on y/n, you've got to speak louder" I scolded myself. I needed Peter. "Peter" I said more loudly. The nurses stopped and looked at me. "Peter". "Peter". I was getting louder each time. I saw a nurse open the door. "Peter" I said loudly as best as I could. I had never seen him spin round so fast in my life. His eyes locked with mine and he came running in. "Y/n" he whispered. I don't think he believed I was awake. "Peter" I cried. He came running in and embraced me. I returned it. Even though I was in so much pain, I needed that hug. "I'm sorry. I'm so so sorry" I bawled. "Shhh it's okay. Don't be sorry" he cried too, while stroking my hair. I pulled him closer to me not wanting to let him go. "It's okay. I'm here. I'm here and I'm not going anywhere".

A few hours later and Peter had not left my side. He refused to go when I was having tests done, which annoyed the nurses but after realising that Peter wasn't moving, they gave up telling him to. Aunt May came and saw me for a couple of hours until I told her to go and rest. She had been up worrying about me. How could I put them all through that? The rest of the guys came and said a quick hello then left me to rest which I was thankful for as I was still really sore. Even though I had so many painkillers being pumped into me.

"Y/n. You do realise that explosion was meant to kill you?" Peter said out of the blue. "Yeah I know. I'm surprised myself, but when I heard yours and Aunt May's voices, I had to wake up. I hated what I had done to you two". I looked at my hands. "Yes you worried us half to death. The night you left me and I woke up to Tony shouting, I was petrified. You were all alone and I wasn't there to protect you. It was selfish and inconsiderate of you to do that. But I knew you couldn't come back here" Peter spoke. I wiped tears away that had escaped. Peter walked over and sat on the edge of my bed. I moved over so he could lie down. I put my head on his chest and he wrapped his arms around me. "I'm sorry. I was only thinking of myself" I cried. There was no use holding the tears back now. He kissed the top of my head. "It's okay. You are safe and I will make sure things will change" he said. I smiled. "I bet Clive was worried" Peter said. "No I left him a note" I replied. All Peter could do was laugh. "Your hair looks great by the way" he chuckled. I looked up at him and laughed. "Thanks" I replied. We stayed like that all night. I was happy to have him holding me. I felt safe.