"03."

The dodge was parked out in front of the apartment "How long this fa'?" He eyed his sister

The dodge was parked out in front of the apartment "How long this fa'?" He eyed his sister. "Not sure maybe an hour or two." She spoke pushing the car door open. "A'ight I gotta go some whea', so can you carry Kay witchu?"

Laya hopped out of the car opening the backseat door "Mhmm I'm pretty sure my coach wouldn't mind, and you bet not leave me here." She side eyed her brother lifting up her nephew. Shamar waved her off cranking up the car "You know I got you."

Shamar pressed on the gas, G herbo's song Some nights blasted through the speakers. "Blood ties with my niggas. " he mumbled bobbing his head, he tapped his finger on the steering wheel.

She swinged her legs staring blankly at the cell phone in her hand. "Um coach." She felt a soft tap on her shoulder. "Hm?" She flinched quickly switching her phone off. "Um hey Laya and whose baby is this he's so cute."

"Oh this is my brother's son I'm watching him until he gets back. Is that ok?" She nodded "You have a brother? And yea it's fine the other girls are in the living room by the way."

"Thanks coach you're so sweet." Laya cheesed walking off into the living room. Bree slightly smiled "Hm.." she mumbled switching the cellphone on. She sighed scrolling through her text thread.

■■

Shamar stuffed the wand of Cash in his pocket, he shut the car door. He footed towards the apartment complex. He knocked on the door.

Bree groaned pulling open the front door. Shamar flashed his golden smile stuffing his hands into his pockets "Is you my sista' coach?" His eyes roamed her small figure.

Her eyebrows knitted together "Huh? You're sister?" He licked his lips "Yea my lil sista' Laya I think this is where she went." Bree chuckled opening the door wider "Come in, I'm so sorry I'm slow."

"It's coo'. I'm Shamar by the way." Bree held out her hand "And I'm Bree." Shamar smiled shaking her hand "You're son is such a cutie. Can I get you anything?"

He shook his head still standing by the front door. "You can sit if you want." She muttered. He nodded taking a seat beside her. Shamar bit down on his lip "You from hea'?"

"Um yea I am actually, But I'm mixed with black and Asian if that answers your question fully. Are you from here?" He shook his head "Nah I'm from da' south."

"How long have you been living here?" She got up from the chair pulling open the fridge, she pulled out a bottled water. Shamar looked down at his fingers counting backwards to see how long he's been here. "Shit I been here since I was 17 so shit 6 years."

Bree nodded "I would drink wine right now but unfortunately I have a house full of minors right now." She chuckled awkwardly. The cell phone vibrated in his back pocket "Scuse me." He mumbled pressing the cell phone to his ear.

"The fuck you want bruh." Shamar grumbled. "Where are you?" Her soft voice projected through the phone. "None of yo' fuckin' business." 

"I'm outside of yo' house and you not home so where you at Shamar?" She raised her voice a little. "You needa chill you not my bitch so quit callin' my fuckin' phone A'ight?" He hung up.

"Yikes" Bree muttered accidentally making eye contact with him "I'll go check on the girls." She mumbled. "Tell my sista' I said Let's go." He grumbled. "That bitch stay havin' me fucked up." Shamar muttered scratching his chiseled chin.

_________________________________________

Definitely not love at first site.

Vote & Comment