"44."

"Modern day Bonnie and Clyde

"Modern day Bonnie and Clyde."

Blood spilled over the black leather seats, he srunched up his face managing to drive with one hand. The whole thing was unexpected the one time he threw up the white flag hoping to resolve the situation. It still turned into the usual blood bath. Only this time he was the one drowning in his own blood.

Kirk went running for the hills after he fired the shot he screamed "It wasn't supposed to hit you!" He tried convincing himself that it wasn't meant to be but the truth was he let his anger get the best of him. He shot a man over a big misunderstanding.

This all taught Shamar a lesson never throw up the white flag. He wasn't going to go after some teenage kid that's too pathetic. But he knew for sure this would never happen again ever!

She smiled dabbing the towel over her face resting both hands on the sink she stared at the bathroom mirror admiring her fresh face. Nowadays she barely wore makeup back then she wouldn't step foot outside without a powered face. She felt as if her biggest insecurities were in her face, atleast that's how he made her feel.

She giggled slowly shaking her head after relizing how intoxicated she was, she had smoked too much of his cannabis and It showed her eyes were red and hooded. Snapping out of her daze she smiled dashing towards the front door. Her smile soon faded when she pulled open the door. Happy it was him but saddened to see the condition he was in. "Shamar what the fuck happened to you!?"

He pushed pass her shutting the door behind him as if a bullet wasn't jammed inside of his arm, as if blood wasn't pouring from it. "I need a towel and a first aid kit." He spoke. She stared at him in disbelief how could he be this calm? "What you need is doctor Shamar what the fuck!"

"Bro I came over hea' for help not to argue just listen to me!" He took a seat on the couch. "Ok, ok I'm sorry." She scurried through the apartment.

■■

The daylight had disappeared and the darkness took over. She sterilized the apartment making sure that she cleaned up every inch of his blood. Every now and then flashbacks of the man she murdered appeared in her mind but it didn't bother her, he got what he deserved. However she was more concerned about her lover who hadn't said anything since giving her instructions on how to stop his bleeding.

She didn't want to bother him but he showed up at her apartment with a bullet in his arm without explaining anything. It was her right as his girlfriend to ask questions. "Shamar?"

"Hm?" He glanced at her and then back out the window. It seemed like the cars that drove pass had his attention more than she did. "Are you ok?"

He nodded still focusing his attention on the outside world. She huffed dumping the mop into bucket. "Let's go some whea'." He turned facing his girlfriend.

"Go somewhere? Go where Shamar? You're injured unless you wanna go to the hospital."

He kissed his teeth "I don't need a hospital. C'mon we got some whea' ta' be."

She stared at him for a while before giving in. It was always at night that he came up with spontaneous adventures. The more time they spent together the more she learned about him, she discovered that he's mysterious in a good way.

The light glowed from the local gas station. The black mazda was parked down the street, she glanced at her boyfriend knitting her eyebrows together "Why are we here? Parked on the side of the road Shamar. Are you losing it?"

He reached over in the backseat slipping on the black ski mask handing another over to her, "Put it on."

She slipped on the ski mask "Now can you answer my question?"

He threw the backpack at her loading up the gun. "Robbery." He spoke.

"What? Shamar are you crazy? A robbery? Are you serious?" She bombarded him with questions.

"Shit maybe i am crazy." He chuckled "C'mon Bree you wasting time we gotta move." He pushed the car door open. "Shamar wait." She grabbed a hold of his hand.

"What?"

She leaned over "Goodluck kiss first." He smiled pecking her lips.

Together they ran into the empty gas station. The feeling she felt was indescribable, she felt high like she was floating on a cloud. The blood rushed in her veins, her heart was beating fast but she wasn't scared she was everything but scared.

Shamar leaned the man against the wall presssing the cold metal against his head. Bree quickly raided the cash register. The two were the perfect duo.

Soon patrol cars were packed outside the local gas station but they were too late. The black mazda had already disappeared into the night sky.

He chuckled gripping onto the steering wheel "How much is it?"

"Um five thousand ish." She shrugged.

"Throw that shit away we don't need that shit!" He chuckled opening up the sunroof.

The car skated down the high way with bills spilling from it. That night it rained money for pedestrians and hearts for the two lovers.

_________________________________________

Confused on where to go from here

Vote & Comment & Follow.