"24."

She flopped over on her side letting out a breath, she eyed Shamar that was still sleeping

She flopped over on her side letting out a breath, she eyed Shamar that was still sleeping. Bree pulled the covers back. Maria maneuvered her way around the kitchen, she had a handful of snacks. Bree exited the bedroom, she paused when she saw the strange woman in Shamar's kitchen. Maria glanced at Bree "Um Hi I'm Maria." She spoke.

"Bree, I'm sorry Shamar didn't introduce us earlier.. I'm his girlfriend." She spoke. "He told me about you I'm his baby mother.." Maria trailed off "I know awkward right." She chuckled awkwardly. "Kinda." Bree muttered "Um when Shamar wakes up can you tell him I went home." Bree grabbed her coat off of the kitchen island.

Maria nodded "It was nice meeting you." The two waved at each other. Bree felt weird being with Shamar when he had a baby on the way with another woman. Bree jogged out of the apartment building. Somehow she felt embarrassed seeing Maria pregnant, something that she couldn't achieve.

■■

Smoke clouded the small apartment. Shamar sat beside Jack on the sofa, the two were both busy wrapping up cocaine. "Ain't we supposed to be layin' low?" Jay eyed the two. "AiN'T wE sUppOsEd tO bE LaYiN' LoW, Ole scary ass." Jack mocked him. Jay glared at Jack "I'm bein' forre-" Shamar cut him off "Bro I ain't in mood fa' the bitchin' today, either you make this money with us or you leave.. this shit is about takin' risk." Sharawn nodded "Bro got a point."

Jay huffed plopping down on the sofa "I just don't want shit to happen and then we all end up in da' pen." He sighed. Shamar kissed his teeth "I ain't doin' no time bruh they would have ta' kill me first." He spat. "They got my pops up in thea'." Sharawn sighed. "It hurt seein' that nigga through a glass." He added. Shamar shook his head "I don't want my child to see me through a glass." Shamar muttered.

The crew was interrupted by the loud banging on the door. "The fuck is that?" Sharawn mumbled, he peaked through the window "Shit." He quickly backed away from the door "Yo pack all this shit up that's the fuckin' police." He whisper yelled. All of the boys became alert shuffling around the apartment. They grabbed everything that they could've while the police pounded on the door.

The front door flew open, a team of officers invaded the dope spot. The crew ran towards the back room. They slammed the duffel bags on the floor, Jack locked the door. Sharawn pulled the window open "We gotta move fast." He threw the bag over his shoulder climbing out the window. Jay trembled slowly lifting up the duffel bag "Man I told yaw this was gonna happen." He was in the middle of a nervous break down. "Jay this ain't the time they bouta bust this bitch open in any minute now." Shamar threw the bag over his shoulder. Jay gasped clutching onto his chest, his eyes widened. "Jay calm down bro, calm down." Shamar tried to console him. The door creaked from the cops attempt to bust inside of the room.

Shamar had to make a life changing decision. This would change him forever. Either he save his friend or save himself.

"To be continued."

_________________________________________

What will he do? I don't know.

Vote & Comment