"23."

Suitcases with clothes spilling out of them were scattered all over the street

Suitcases with clothes spilling out of them were scattered all over the street. Neighbors peaked out their windows and some were bold enough to stand outside and watch the whole show down. Maria hanged her head down in embarrassment how could her parents do this to her? She threw the hoodie over her head ignoring the sharp pain she felt in her chest.

"Shamar can you atleast listen to me?" Bree sobbed grabbing a hold of his arm. "Bree I honestly don't care like seriously you don't have to explain that shit to me I don't give a fuck." He shrugged. He honestly didn't care about Bree's home wrecking situation it wasn't his problem. Bree sighed, she curled up on the bed. "I didn't know that he was engaged." She muttered. Shamar shrugged pressing his phone against his ear "Hello?" He furrowed his eyebrows hearing shuffling in the background.

"Hey Shamar it's me Maria I got into some trouble and I need you to pick me up, I have no one else to call." She sat on the sidewalk with her belongings beside her. "Uh.. yea I got you uh.. just send me the address and I'll be there." He eyed Bree. "Thankyou." She hung up. "You're going somewhere?" Bree eyed him sitting up."You wanna come?" He slipped his shoes on. "Actually I'm tired I'll just see you when you get back." She spoke. Truth is it was embarrassing for her to walk pass Shayla's apartment knowing what just went down a few minutes ago.

Shamar exited the bedroom, Bree turned facing the window that overlooked the city. She wandered if Shamar would accept her if he knew the full story about her.

■■

Shamar scooped the clothes off the sidewalk dumping them into his backseat "Why you ain't tell me shit was like this fa' you? Y'know you could've been staying with me." He shook his head lifting her suitcase. "I don't know I wasn't expecting my own family to do this to me." She sighed pulling the front door open. "This is fucked up." He mumbled entering the car. He cranked up the car "You hungry?" Shamar eyed maria. She let out a breath "Yea."

"It's a long drive back to my place so we can stop some whea'." He spoke. Maria nodded, she leaned her head on the window. She stared at her childhood home and neighborhood until it faded away "How far do you live from here?" She eyed him. "Shit roughly four hours, depends on the traffic though." He shrugged. "Ion know if this gonna be weird fa' you but I got my girl at home." He mumbled. "That's the one who you have the son with? Gosh I'm a home wrecker." She muttered the last part.

"Nah and that son I told you about i found out that he ain't my son." He pressed on the gas zooming pass all of the other cars. "Oh.. well tha-" he cut her off "Don't speak on it I hate talkin' about that shit." Maria nodded "I won't." He glanced at her "You gettin' big, when was ya' last check up?" He smiled. "Last week, oh I was supposed to tell you I found out the gender." She cheesed. He paused "Fa'real? What is it?" He flashed a smile.

"Its a girl" she squealed.

_________________________________________

Let's see how this goes.😬

Vote & Comment.