"06."

Shamar plopped down on the couch stabbing his fork into the piece of meat that sat on his plate

Shamar plopped down on the couch stabbing his fork into the piece of meat that sat on his plate. Pablo Escobar's documentary played on Netflix. He glanced at the Television every now and then.

"Shamar is you done with boring as- show." Laya rolled her eyes sitting beside him. "No I'm not done so you just gone have to wait." He waved her off scooping up rice on his fork. "Mom can you tell shamar that it isn't fair for him to be watching this show that I dont like." Laya smirked eyeing her mother.

"Shamar is a grown ass man he can do whatever he wants and you're not supposed to be watching tv." Marsha spoke. "Tragic" Shamar blurted out. Laya huffed jogging up the stairs.

Bree stared blankly at the television, she sighed pushing the curly strand of hair behind her ear. "Its so boring." She groaned flopping over on her side. "Hmm Laya did give me her brother's number..." she trailed off reaching for the cellphone. She punched in his number before clearing it "Nah I don't wanna seem desperate." She muttered.

Shamar held a hand full of his dreadlocks he scanned the dresser for a rubber band. He shook his head eyeing the empty pack. "Ain't shit in there." He mumbled exiting the bedroom. "LAYA." he shouted jogging up the stairs "I know yo' ugly ass hear me callin' you." He pushed open the door.

Laya turned on her side "hold on girl my brother just walked in. Watchu want shamar?" He knitted his eyebrows together "You not supposed to have ya' phone." He digged in the package of elastic bands. "Ok and? She don't have to know that I'm still using my shit."

Shamar tied the dreadlocks up on top "Shit ima tell ha'." He shrugged "C'mon we supposed to be siblings you can't do this." Laya pleaded. "Nah.." he trailed off "Unless you give me yo' coach numba'." Laya shrugged scrolling through her contacts "Done. I'm sending it to you."

"A'ight ima still snitch though." He chuckled exiting the bedroom. Shamar jogged down the stairs, he pulled his keys out of his pocket. He punched in Bree's number pulling open the car door. He pressed the phone against his ear sliding into the car "Hello?" She spoke.

"Wazzam? This Shamar." He licked over his lips reversing out of the drive way. "Hey Shamar how'd you get my number?"

"I got it from my sista' shit you don't mind me callin' do you?" He rubbed his chiseled chin. "No I'm glad you called actually I was bored out of mind." He smiled "Forreal? Well you down to slide through for some drinks lata' we can get food too if you want."

"Mhm. Yea that sounds great." She stood in front of the mirror dragging her fingers through her tangled hair. "A'ight so ima send you the addy and ima meet you there at 7 A'ight?" She bit down on her lip nodding "Mhm got it."

"A'ight love see you at 7." He hung up

"To be continued."

_________________________________________

Vote & Comment