Chapter VI "Blood or Raw Meat?" |g.edit|

The cabin seemed new, not one of those creepy hand me down cabins that were made probably in the civil war or something. The minute we walk through those doors I can sense there was an air conditioner installed, and the 72 inch flat screen TV that was mounted on, what I could assume, the living room wall, beautifully chiseled to accentuate the brick color palate, was a definite dead give away that this place must be newly built while someone was completely bored or something. Ciara tugs me across the room, passing the nicely furnished living room towards this open spaced dining room.

The fascinating details of this place were the sleek modern furniture using cherry blossom oak. The wood itself is a very high price and as I looked back at see Ciara wearing perfectly comfortable boyfriend pants and an off-shoulder shirt that read "bite me" I doubt that she had the money to buy all these furniture and tech, along with living in a two-story cabin, that had the best insulation that I could tell by now.

"Sit, I need to make sure that you're not bleeding to death or have an infection." Ciara kind of hoists me on top of a kitchen chair, I honestly don't care if I bleed out. It's... been too much weight in my heart right now. Like a baby, Ciara tugs at my shirt and slides it over my head. Leaving me in my black bralette when I feel her hands trying to tug at the fabric we tied around my shoulder.

I look away feeling the tugging of my open wound sting a bit, but my eyes still wandered around the place. I don't see any portrait pictures of Ciara, or anyone else. I saw a couple of light-hearted themed paintings here, and there nothing that yelled out, "Horror Movie."

"Fuck, your wound is still bleeding, and it doesn't show signs of healing. What do you need? Blood? A raw fillet?" She tries to find my method of feeding to enhance my accelerated healing, but I don't answer her.

"If you want to treat me do your best, I'm not hungry or thirsty," I tell her, it's not that I am protecting what I am. It's just that I'm going to through this internal turmoil that I don't want to expose myself to anyone right now. Every single time my origin is touched upon it's like hell breaks loose.

"Fine, but it's going to leave a scar. A real nasty one might want to rethink sleeveless and strapless for a while." She tells me with a slight high tone in her voice, probably trying to make it seem really bad to be marked. I just rolled my eyes and looked away.

Kole... he wouldn't care if I had scars. He didn't care about my eyes. He didn't care about my hybrid nature. He didn't care when we found out that I had a royal douche lineage that apparently came back to bite me in the ass. I didn't realize that my eyes were growing misty, I blinked and bit the inside of my cheeks now wanting anyone to see me like this.

"I'll need to stick you up then, give me a sec. Don't freak, you'll be Gucci in no time." She tells me probably noticing my body tensing. She takes off towards the hallway connecting the rest of the cabin. I remained still, my head turning slightly, seeing my blue blood still running down my shoulder and the inside of my arm. I see the jagged wound, and I think to myself... that was not the mark I wanted from Kole.

Ciara comes in with a boots size metal box that I could only assume was their medic kit. She places the kit on top of the kitchen island and props it up. Right away grabbing the rubbing alcohol and some water. I see some iodine in there as well. She grabs a clean rag from the kit, moistens it with the water and starts cleaning around my wound. The rubbing and tugging did bring discomfort and sting at the bite.

"If it hurts, you can tell me." She measures my reaction, but I just look away and close my eyes. I could hear her rustling, and the searing sting on my wound let me know that she was using the alcohol. About a minute in cleaning my injury, she lets me know about starting the stitching, and I still don't respond when she starts sewing my skin back together. It hurt like a bitch, but I didn't wince or move.

"You know, Lady Kaede is the best listener in the world. She might test you to make sure that you're not an enemy, but she's a really amazing woman." She tries again to have a conversation with me. I wasn't going to entertain her attempts in talking to me... but she did save my life per say. Even if deep down, I didn't want to be saved.

"Why is she called Lady? Is she some sort of healer?" I mumbled to her, still not opening my eyes when I hear Ciara's tone change.

"Oh, she speaks!" She teases me a bit, and I finally feel the last stitch, and she pats on it. Probably to clean the blood that had slipped out.

"She's called Lady because she earned that title by birth. She has a fascinating story behind her. Again, she's just a badass." I opened my eyes and look at Ciara's expression, you can notice the sparkle in her eyes that she respects and loves this woman, not in a romantic sense but in this heroic act towards her.

"Who else lives in this cabin?" I asked her, wondering if it was just her and this Lady Kaede person.

"Mmmm okay but if you turn out to be a bitch in wolf's clothing, you will be dealt with." I don't think Ciara was talking to me, more that she was thinking out loud.

"So it's me, Lady Kaede, her wife Bebe, Marshall, and little Bo." She tells me really excited. I did note the change of tones with the Marshall name, but that's really none of my business quite frankly.

"We're a half breed, you know." She tells me as soon as she was finished wrapping at my arm when I looked back at her.

"Interesting," I mumbled not really caring if this was Xavier's School of Gifted right now.

"It's more than interesting, all three of us are half-human, and we're trained and protected by these two awesome ladies. Why don't you just interact, be more than this dough." She tells me, standing in front of me to catch my look.

"Ciara, mind your business. I'm here because you wanted to rescue me, well guess what, I'm no one's wounded bird, and quite frankly everyone needs to let nature take its course with me." I growled at little bit at her when I hear a single footstep and feel this presence behind me.

"Well, that's a cry for help if I didn't know one." This more mature woman's voice just spoke from behind, and I slowly turned around. Seeing this gorgeous vampiress in front of me, raven black hair with white frosted tips. Wearing a skin-tight jumpsuit that screamed premiere of Blade trilogy. Her brown eyes locked with mine and her vampiric blue came, and they stayed.

"Oh my... you're one of a kind." Her tone was spiked with interest as she came towards me, her gait much too relaxed for her to see a stranger in her house.

"Lady Kaede, I hope it was fine. I mean she was bleeding blue! And she was just there, and I couldn't leave her there." Ciara starts rambling being nervous when the Lady stands next to her, her hand cupping Ciara's face and just ran her thumb carefully on her cheek.

"You did good Ciara, now go and get Bebe she needs to meet our new guest." Lady Kaede somehow marks her stamp of approval and without a second of to react Ciara dashes off. Lady looks back at me and smiles.

"My. My. A lycan and a vampire, I didn't think it was possible." She gazes at me, like a philosopher trying to grasp the essence of life here.

"And your noble vampire that's wandered away from her palace didn't think that was possible either." I snarked back, and instead of the Lady getting angry, she giggles and just looks at me.

"Fair enough, let me get you some blood and raw steak." She tells me, and I just puff out an annoyed sigh. Why can't people leave me alone?