Chapter XIII "Hot Blood Chocolate"

Author's Note:

Welp sorry guys for the wait but it was a hard semester, but rewarding with the good grades i got. And i just needed to rest for a while. Trying to figure out the best way to continue this story, and of course Dom's parents story is a bit tricky. 

But thank you for your patience and please vote and comment your opinions and hopes for this story!

XOXO

~*~*~

I didn't mind staying behind this time, Marshall, Bebe, and Bo all left on their little pack jog and i stayed behind with Lady and Ciara. It didn't really bother me that i wasn't running with the rest. What bothered me were his stares, eager for me to tell them,

Sure let me get my wolf on and we'll run! That's not what they're going to get. Two days passed since Bebe told me that there had to be a way for me to shift into my wolf form. Two days of hand to hand combat training, and i was improving. Only to be stepped back in the wolf shifting department. 

My hybrid form wasn't what Bebe thought would bring me to my fullest potential. At first the sense of insecurity plagued me for a like a second before i shake it off and carefully tried to be comfortable in my hybrid form. Ciara was amazed and she thought my form was so unique. Marshall and Bo on the other hand kept saying that my hybrid form felt... incomplete.

Two days of hearing everyone talking about wolf-this and wolf-that, I was happy to be left alone with the two vamps in the house. There was something about being with them that took the pressure off of this wolf talk. I mean, spending most of my childhood and teen years in a vampire house that was keeping me a secret from the Clans and Society wasn't ideal for me, but they didn't expect anything from me. 

I am sitting on the steps with a hot chocolate mix of blood cocktail as i looked at the forest in front of me. I didn't want to run with them as a pack... but i do miss running. I missed my bike. I hear the door opening and the scent of Ciara hits me before she sits on the stairs next to me.

Our shoulders briefly touch and she just sips her own cup and looks out to the woods with me. 

"I sometimes envy them, I mean sure vamp speed is awesome and all but... to be another version of you that is just raw and based off instincts sounds... free." She whispers to me and i briefly smile and take another sip.

"It sounds free, that's kind of why i fell in love with bike riding." I tell her when she gives me this quizzical look with arched brow. 

"Not the little kid kind of bike, the motorcycle bike." I tell her lightly bumping her shoulder making her hold onto her mug before it spilled and i just take another breath and sigh combo. 

"The first time i rode a bike i was fifteen, Dastan my uncle-cousin whatever had snuck me out as my birthday present. So we went to this little dive in bar. A place where no one asked questions about who you are, what you're doing. It was just booze and pool." I tell her thinking back on the memory I wondered for Dastan... He was sort of the lost brother of my mother and aunt. He was around my age but perhaps a year or two older than me. But he was always in the background of things, and yet he had the most to see about everyone. 

"Anyway, Dastan was hustling this biker at the pool tables. Maybe our vamp traits helped him out but, he was just in the zone, there was this playful fire in his eyes as he dominated that game." I tell her not realizing that i was creating a pretty good picture to her. Ciara's brown eyes just looked at me, listening to my stories.

"Dastan won and he got a bike as payment so the poor guy wouldn't be left out on the street with no motel money. So after we took an extra shot, he took me to the bike and as a bonus he took me on a bike ride, telling me that it was better than running." i take another sip at the mug and sighed. 

"Wow, he sounds pretty brotherly. I haven't heard you talk about him at all." Ciara whispers to me her eyes were completely locked on me. Seeing if it bothered me to talk about him, or if i would react in a negative way. 

"Well... he's an enigma, he was raised with me back in the estate where i was hid from the world. He was... a puzzle of his own kind of. I mean my aunt and uncle told me that Dastan was my little uncle, so he was my mother's baby brother and yet i don't know. Dastan was... i mean is one of the good memories i have from being hidden." I tell her looking at my now empty mug. I placed it down on the stairs and just stretched my legs out. 

"I am worried about him though, I mean before you found me in the water my aunt and uncle came to me. To warn me about the Lycan King, but now that i think about it," I paused for a second just trying to think back on the past events. "

"I didn't see him there." I whispered to her and she just reaches out and holds my hand.

"I'm sure that he's okay, and thank you for sharing. I know that you sharing is like pulling your teeth." She teases me and i just roll my eyes and lightly pushed her away.

"Just because i'm not the sharing feeling care bear doesn't mean that i can't talk about some things." I tell her before i jump up to my feet and just took a deep breath of the forest.

"Welp, might as well start walking around. I am not going to be the only one sharing tonight." I grinned and reached out to grab her hand and hoist her up to her feet. Ciara whines and lets her body fall on me but i hold her.

"Nooo, I don't want to walk." She pouts and i just roll my eyes before i grab her by her waist and started semi dragging her. 

"You're so lasy Ciara, no wonder Bo gives you such a hard time." I taunt her and she just starts poking at my sides, trying to find a tickle spot of some sorts i suppose. 

"Oh please, i like walking as much as you like sharing." Ciara finally gets on her feet and starts walking me towards the woods. 

"Good girl." i winked at her playfully and Ciara responds by sticking her tongue out at me. We don't slip into the forest but we do walk the perimeter outside. 

"So," Ciara starts to talk and i look at her little devious smirk and her brows full on arched, looking like a cheschire cat.

"Your cousin-uncle hot?" She breams and i just gag and lightly shove her.

"He's not." I respond disgusted, but then again... no one is as hot as Kole.