Prologue

Warning:
This is a girl to girl story and the second book of Split Genius. Read at your own risk!

Split Again by JellOfAllTrades
Prologue

"Raegan?"

I woke up to the sweet melody of her voice. Opening my eyes, I saw Genesis sitting beside me, her long wavy hair a bit of a mess after sleeping but she still managed to look stunning.

"Tigilan mo nga yang pagtingin sakin ng ganyan!" She complained. "Parang ginagahasa mo na ako sa isipan mo eh."

My eyebrow rose. "At pano mo naman nasabi yan?"

"Ewan. Iba yung kinang ng mga mata mo habang tinitingnan ako eh."

I closed the space between us and kissed her on the cheek, whispering to her ear, I said. "So what if I'm thinking like that?"

Genesis leaned away and hit me on the head like she always do. "Bastos!" She looked away but I saw her blush.

"Ang cute mo talaga magblush." I teased, holding her hand and entwining it with mine. Genesis didn't respond, instead she leaned her head on my shoulder. "Ano nga palang sasabihin mo?"

"Itatanong ko lang kasi kung malapit na tayo."

"Now approaching Kalibo International Airport." The captain announced over the speakers.

"Ayan, narinig ka ni captain." I chuckled.

I looked outside the window and into the blue sky. As graduation gift to Genesis, I booked us a flight to Boracay. Doktora was supposed to come with us but she insisted on staying behind to give us two some alone time. As if we haven't had enough alone time living together in my condo.

"Kamusta kaya si Azula?" Genesis asked, also looking outside the window.

"Don't worry about her, ayos lang yun sa cargo area."

"Hindi ko talaga magets kung bakit kailangan sa cargo pa sya ilagay." Genesis shook her head. "Hindi ba yan nirereklamo ng mga animal rights activists?"

"Hindi naman kasi maganda na isama mo sila dito sa cabin." I explained to her with a smile. "Merong mga pasahero na may hika at allergies dito. The cabin is pressurized, yung hangin na hinihinga natin? Nirerecycle lang yan."

"Eh di kapag may AIDS yung isa dito mahahawaan tayo?"

"Grabe ka naman! Hindi kaya airborne ang AIDS!" I laughed.

When the plane landed, our shuttle service is already waiting for us outside the airport. Genesis was obviously glad that Azula came out fine after the flight, she was cooing the dog between the metal bars of the cage.

"Welcome back to Aklan, ma'am Raegan." The elderly manong greeted, taking our bags and depositing it into the back of the van.

"Thank you po,"

From the looks of it, he's the same guy who welcomed me and my family the last time we were here. I sighed remembering that that was our last summer vacation together. But now that I'm back here, at least I have Genesis with me. I am not alone.

I let Azula out for awhile and led her into the back seat of the van. I assisted Genesis and got in after her.

"Naghihintay na po yung Amphitrite sa docks, ma'am Raegan." The elderly manong reported to me when he got in the driver's seat and started the engine.

"Yung Amphitrite?!" I repeated, shocked.

"Yes ma'am. Dumating po sya last Thursday."

I just shook my head in bewilderment and amusement. Sometimes Percival Altamirano can be super annoying, and sometimes, really surprising.