The encounter

The drive to the airport took about three hours and I only had a couple minutes before I could be declared late.

"Mr Dauda, will you let me off here, I don't want to keep them waiting.We'll catch up to you at the parking lot or if I call you, please do meet us here."

I hurriedly told Mr Dauda as I slipped in to my flats and grabbed the placard from the backseat of the SUV.

While on our way, I had legibly written the names of our guests on the paging board;

"WELCOME TO NIGERIA ,ESTEEMED MR SCHMIDT AND MR ADLER"

I dropped in front of the arrival hall of Murtala Mohammed airport. I slung the strap of my purse with my right hand over my shoulder while holding the paging board under my arm, while walking towards the group of people waiting for their friends or family who would soon come out of the terminal.

There were quite a number of people under the canopy and the seats were filled. So I stood in front of the chairs and leaned against the aluminum railing which demarcated that waiting area from the driveway. I ensured to avoid the hot three pm sun.

A couple of minutes later, I could hear from the PA system that the Delta 214 aircraft from JFK, NYC had arrived at gate d44, this confirming the arrival of the guests.

An unexpected feeling of nervousness rushed over me, majorly because I had just become a permanent staff and I had already started taking on very important tasks.

I knew that if I messed this up, I could kiss my job goodbye.

Immediately I rang Mr Dauda to drive the SUV down to the front of the hall to receive them, there so that they wouldn't go through any discomfort from walking all the way to the parking lot.

It was obvious that they'd be business class passengers, so they'd be among the first to come through the doors.

I quickly brought out the folder Mrs Okafor had given me to remember the faces of the guests as there were passport photographs of them in the folder.

Mr Schmidt, our investor, was a dark-haired Caucasian with dark green eyes which I'd seen many girls at occasions wear as contact lens. He had thick brows and his hair was chestnut and his beards were clean shaven.

Mr Adler also a Caucasian,with dark blonde hair with green blue eyes and had a smirk on his face in the picture which made me chuckle. He surely looked like a playboy.

The doors opened and a couple of people came out of the hall.

There were people of different races, from blacks to whites to Asians and those who were in between.

I could smell sophistication and wealth all the way from where I was standing.
I did my best not to ogle and my hands were already hurting from raising them up for so long because the paging board had to be held upright.

From the corner of my eyes, I saw two tall lean men coming out. One, a brunette, wearing a white polo with black jeans and canvas, and a black satchel hung over his shoulders while he pulled a luggage with his other hand.

Walking almost behind him, the other man was wearing a baseball cap but his blonde hair was still quite visible. He was wearing an oversized African print shirt and khakis with a shades over his eyes. He carried a backpack which he slung on one shoulder and luggage following him.

They seemed to look around for "me" so I raised the board higher.

The blond man, "Mr Adler" saw me first and elbowed the brunette, "Mr Schmidt" and pointed in my direction.

I could feel my face warm up as they approached me. I mean, it's not everyday people who looked like they stepped right out of a GQ magazine walk up to you, although it wasn't for reasons that should make me giddy.

I quickly crossed the driveway and met them.

"Welcome to Nigeria"   I said with a small smile on my face.

I extended my right hand and shook both of them, Mr Adler, then, Mr Schmidt.

"I'm Lola Williams and I work with Sky view hospital, at the medical laboratory to be precise. I am here on their behalf."

"It is nice to meet you Miss Lola, my name is Damien" Mr Adler responded smiling.

"I'm Aldean Schmidt." Mr Schmidt responded quite offhandedly.

"The pleasure is mine" I replied.

I was about suggesting getting refreshment from the lounge when I saw the vehicle approaching.

"I'm sorry, I couldn't prepare any refreshments, I was hoping we could get from the lounge, but the driver is here."

"It's fine Miss-" Mr Adler dismissing my worry

"Miss Williams." I reminded him.

When the car stopped a little ahead of us, I rushed to tell Mr Dauda to open the trunk and assist in loading in their luggages.

"This is Mr Dauda, he's the one conveying us today."  I inputed as an introduction and they greeted each other formally while placing the luggages in.

We all got in and started the trip, with me seated at the front passenger seat and our guests at the back.

"From what I know sirs, you both will be staying at Ikoyi, at a 7 bedroom house in banana island and it will take about an hour to get there. If you get thirsty, there's water at the door cup-holders beside you and biscuits are in the glove boxes here. If you ever need them just beckon."

"Oh right, I brought with me maps for you" I handed the maps to both of them, backseat. "...should ever feel the need to tour around Lagos State sirs".

It was only then I turned to look at their faces. Mr Adler had a small smile on his face while Mr Schmidt just stared at me emotionlessly.

It was then I realized I must have been talking nonstop, to have gotten that response.

I chuckled nervously and sat facing forward as we continued our one-hour journey.

What do you think of this chapter guys? 
I'm yet to review and correct any grammatical errors. I'll do it as soon as possible.

Now that Lola and Aldean has met, I'm also curious to know what happens next.....

Stay tuned to LOVING LOLA!!!
next chapter in a bit.

Xoxo, Dena.