Chapter 18

Lola's POV

The party was just getting in full swing when my guests arrived.

I was at one end of the hall speaking with one of the waiters about drinks when I saw them enter through the double doors, at the other end of the hall.

Damien was the first to enter, then Dylan and finally Aldean.

The first thing I noticed about him was his hair. He normally styled his hair as a side part but today he seemed not to put in so much effort and came with a side fringe. And it looked so good on him.

From where I stood, he almost looked like a regular white guy and looked more approachable than usual, just that he was still lacking a smile on his face.

Dylan searched for a person, which obviously, would be me, as I was the only person they'd know at the party.

Immediately he spotted me, his hand went up in the air and waved with a bright smile on his face.

As if on cue, Damien and Aldean turned in my direction. Although only Damien waved.

I gestured for them to give me a moment as I quickly finished up my discussion with him.

"Hey" I said smiling. "I hope you didn't face traffic?"

"Nah, the road was pretty much free". Damien replied.

I noticed each of them were carrying shopping bags. I naturally guessed they didn't have enough time to wrap the gifts properly.

"This way". I directed.

I sat them close to the stage where Suzy would seat when she came.

"What would you guys like to drink. We have a lot of nice drinks prepared today. About 11 drinks on the menu!" I informed them.

Dylan looked impressed. "Wow". He muttered silently.

"Yeah, Suzy is a big fan of party drinks. She made sure she got as many as she could lay her hands on, so her guests would have a lot of options".

"You can go through the list and I'll be right back".

ALDEAN'S POV

I was a little surprised to see bouncers at the venue of the party.

We showed them our invitation cards before we were allowed through the double doors.

The hall was nicely decorated but had a lot of pink almost everywhere.

There was a photo booth at one corner of the big hall next to a backdrop that had a red carpet in it.

It was a well planned party and I was sort of looking forward to it.

From my peripheral vision, I saw Dylan waving and I turned in the direction to whoever was receiving the wave.

It was Lola.

She waved back as she smiled so beautifully.

She wore pink dress that had ruffles around the shoulder area.

She was talking with a young man wearing a waiter's uniform and for some reason, I felt displeased.