Chapter 11

Lola's POV

His gaze was overwhelming. I was as if it made my stomach to fill with butterflies.

I blinked severally to come back to reality.

I cleared my throat. "Would you like to have any of the side dishes Mr Schmidt?"

He shifted his attention from me to the array of mini-sized dishes I placed on the table.

"Plantain would be fine". He replied, shoving another spoonful of rice into his mouth. The rate at which his plate was emptying was alarming.

"Would you like more rice with that?" I asked in a teasing tone.

He nodded as he chewed.

I didn't know I was looking at him when his secretary asked for a refill of rice too changing my attention.

I sat next to Mr Cook and started picking on the chips they didn't eat.

"This is so delicious Miss Williams. I mean, I don't eat this much on a normal day, but I could still eat more". Mr Cook told me.

"You can call me Lola. I'm glad you liked the meal". I replied him.

"You should also call me Dylan". He said smiling before draining his bottle of water into his mouth.

Mr Schmidt stood up abruptly. He started clearing the table and I got up to join him.

"This meal was exquisite. I can not speak about it without showering compliments. Thank you for the meal- and by the way I would like that you called me by my first name also, Lola"

I was astounded and didn't know how to reply. Getting appraisal from someone like him was massive.
The fact that he asked me to call me by his first name was unexpected, but the way my name rolled out of his mouth made goosebumps appear on my skin.

"Of course you can..... Aldean" I said consciously.
I didn't realize how close we were and tried to return to clearing the table, when I slipped on Dylan's bottle that had fallen earlier.

My thoughts as I fell was "oh my goodness, why now?, not after-".

My thought process was cut short by the warmth that was around me.

My eyes were tightly shut and I think that heightened my sense of feel. I was enveloped by two strong hands and cuddled by hard body.

A delicious fragrance filled my nostrils and it took only a second for my brain to interpret to me that it was Aldean's.

The speed at which my eyes flew open was probably approximate to the speed of light.

It felt like a de Javu. This same situation had occurred at his home when I had fallen.

His green eyes that met mine when I opened them, seemed like they were trying to see into my soul and at the same time, they looked like they held a sorrowful memory that had shaken the owner.

I struggled to stand stably and I got assisted by him.

"I'm so sorry sir, I didn't see the bottle there. Thanks for saving me from the fall". I said in a breath.