Chapter 14

Lola's POV

I was shocked to hear Aldean ask me to come over to his place.

I stared at him for a moment.

"I wouldn't have change of clothes if I went there". I responded.

"We could order from online, you have a model figure, so it wouldn't be hard to find clothes for you". Dylan spoke from behind me looking at me with an emotion I couldn't understand.

I remembered that Suzy would be coming late tonight and decided to use the opportunity to while away time.

"That sounds good Dylan". I replied adjusting the strap of my purse.

Aldean gestured for me to enter his automobile as Dylan left us.

He seemed to have grown a soft spot for my Cooper already.

While we were on our way to Aldean's home, he made a suggestion.

"How about we snuck off and went for ice-cream? I have a strong craving". He said while focusing on the road ahead.

"Only if you'll get me mint and cookie dough with lots of toppings". I said with a cheeky smile.

He smirked, something I'd had rarely seen him do.

"Alright. But that's some uncommon combo of flavors. Is that how you normally eat it?" He asked.

"No. But these days, I've been wanting to try weird combinations". I informed him.

I continued "If you were going to try something like that, which flavor do you think you would go for?" I asked him.

"Hmm, I normally go for regulars like vanilla and strawberry, which are my favorite, but I've been wanting to try that ice cream with scotch. Maybe I should have it with white chocolate. I will try coconut shavings and Oreos for the topping".

That was probably the longest he had spoken to me. That made me smile.

"That's a very smart combination. I'm almost wanting that, but I'll choose cashew nut, rainbow sprinkles and caramel for mine".

I told him, counting my toppings with my fingers.

He seemed to have seen me do that and he smiled a little.

I remember my shirt was a little stained and reminded him.

"I totally had that in mind when I asked you to have ice cream with me".

"Why did he say it like we were going on a date?" My inner mind queried.

"I remember I have a scarf in the pigeon hole in front of you. It's quite large, so it wil cover a lot".

Per the direction, I opened the pigeon hole and pulled out the scarf.

It was red and green and so seemed festive. I wrapped it around my neck, paying more attention to my chest area, where the most stains were.

I checked my reflection with the side mirror and I was satisfied with the result.

"I think I'm good to go". I told him, patting my chest, over where the corn soup had majorly stained.

The response I met wasn't what I'd expected. He'd become quiet and looked like his mind was somewhere else.

"Does this scarf belong to someone close to you?" I gently asked.

"What?" He asked, snapping out of his reverie.

"Oh that scarf. Oh no, it's mine. I got it last Christmas for a friend. I wasn't able to send it though and thought I should keep it instead". He said with a forced smile that didn't reach his eyes.