Some kind of thoughts

I was still having my bath when I heard soft footsteps in my room. It stopped so I guessed the butler had probably brought me dinner.
I was starved after having not eaten since the flight.

I stepped out of the shower pod and wrapped my towel around my waist.

To my utmost surprise, instead of the butler, it was Miss Williams waiting for me in my room.

She looked like a deer caught in headlights.

I waited for some seconds for her to state her purpose, but she just stared on.

Getting tired of the awkward silence, I asked
"Can I help you?"

Her eyes opened a little wider,
"I-um- wanted to tell you I was leaving. I knocked and you didn't answer so I came in to check if you were ok".

I stared at her intently. "Well you've confirmed that".

When she didn't respond, I added
"So I guess I'll be seeing you on Monday at Skyview?" He asked, in regards to the business at hand.

"Of course. I'll be there sir. Goodnight".

She turned and dashed out of the room.

I chuckled about how awkward it had been and how embarrassed she would be, having seen me like this.

Normally, I would have felt very uncomfortable, but for some strange reasons, I wasn't.

I changed into comfortable clothes and headed downstairs.

Damien was sitting in front of the television with a remote in his hand.

When he noticed my presence, he spoke without confirming if it was me.

"I thought you would take forever to come down. Aren't you hungry?"

I sat at the leather seat next to him. "I'm actually starving". I added with a sigh.

He changed the channel to soccer.
"Wale said the cook is almost done with dinner. I think we'll be having fried rice".

Only then did he look at me.
"I hope it would be fit our taste". He told me looking worried.

"I should be the one with that worry and not you. You've literally been around the globe and tasted different delicacies unlike me who only eat food at hotels and European restaurants when I travel".

He laughed "Yeah, I guess you have it worse"

Just then, a young woman in chef's uniform approached us.

"Hello sirs, the table is set for dinner. This way sirs"

Without hesitation, Damien and I followed her to the dining room.

The plates were set so that Damien and I faced each other.

We sat and picked our cutleries.

To say the food wasn't nice would not be true but it was not to my liking. There was a taste to it that almost made me nauseous.