Chapter 15

ALDEAN!!! LOLA!!!

Within a second, both Aldean and I turned on our heels and rushed downstairs.

Dylan was sitting on the floor and Damien was crouched beside him.

Immediately I asked Aldean if Dylan was allergic to anything like nuts while I hastily unbuttoned his shirt.

"Yes he is. Was there any in his ice cream?" He asked, his voice a little shaky.

"I think there was a little peanut somewhere in the toppings". I replied. "Does he have an inhaler?" I asked.

"I'll go get it". Damien responded, standing from his crouched position.

"Hey Dylan, look at me. Try to regulate your breathing. He'll bring your inhaler soon okay".
I told him as I fanned his face with a magazine I picked from the center table.

"Al, can you lift him. It's better if he's on a bed and close to a humidifier. You have one right?"
I asked.

"Sure". He replied. "Come on Cook. Let's get you to the room".

As they went up the stairs I approached the maid who had been standing at a corner looking frightened at the occurrence.

"Hey dear. Can you make a cup of tea for him and add a spoonful on honey to it?" I requested.

"Of course". She responded almost immediately, looking happy to help.

I accustomed Damien on the way. "The doctor is coming already". He informed me

"That's great. You've given him the inhaler right?"

"Yes. Al's helping him with that".

When I got to his room, I noticed the humidifier was on full blast, making me chuckle.

Dylan's wheezing seemed to have stopped. He just looked a little pale lying on the bed.

"Let's prop him up a little to aid his breathing". I instructed.

"You okay man". Asking with a little smile on my face.

He just nodded and for the first time, I saw blood rushed to his face, hinting shyness.

I sat on the bed beside him and took his hand. He almost protested but relaxed when I gave him a stern look.

"I'm going to check your pulse".

I took his wrist and felt for his pulse and simultaneously checking the time on my wristwatch.

All the while, Aldean and Damien stood and watched us, but I tried not to dwell on their unwavering gaze.

A knock on the door announced that the tea is requested for had arrived.

Damien retrieved it from the maid and handed it to me.

"Sit up Dylan. You need to drink this".

He made a wrinkled face.

"I don't like tea". He said, speaking for the first time, his voice hoarse.

"There's honey in it" I told him with a grin.

He looked at the cup for a moment and collected it.

After a spoonful he spoke again, this time, his voice was clearer.

"Eh, it's not sweet enough". This was followed by a chuckle from both Damien and Aldean.

I could see relief in their faces because he seemed to respond very well to our first aid treatment.

"Do you have antihistamines?" I asked.