Chapter 12

Lola's POV

Aldean, since the first day I met him, had always looked like he stepped out of a GQ magazine.

His lean and tall figure coupled with a beautiful pair of green eyes and the 5 o'clock shadow he always wore made him more similar to a prince than a model.

Today, wearing a grey suit, he still outshined the other outstanding men who were his companions.

Beside him stood Mr Adler, who had been absent at other meetings due to his personal business. He also looked as stunning as always. Although he wore a tuxedo, he paired it with a T-shirt.

The approached me with such a fast pace. I tore my eyes away from Mr Schmidt towards my superiors and gave me greetings.

"Miss Williams!" Mr Adler squealed "how have you been. I can almost say I've missed you". He said as he advanced towards me as if to hug me. That alarmed me as my Chairman was here and that wouldn't send the right messages and would also defy professional etiquette.

I automatically stretched my hand for a handshake but instead I got pulled into a hug.

To my relief he released me almost immediately.
"I heard of the lunch I missed and how sumptuous it was. Promise to compensate me Miss Williams?"

The question took me off guard and I wasn't sure how to answer. Everyone was looking at us now. I looked to Mr Tomiwa who returned my bewildered look with a face that told me to say yes.

"Of course Mr Adler, when I have the chance again". I replied him.

Aldean stepped forward towards Mr Adler and I and placed a hand on Mr Adler's shoulder.

"Now that you have caught up, let's introduce ourselves officially".

The introductions were brief and the unfamiliar face was the Schmidt's lawyer who had flown over to Nigeria to stand as their legal representative.

I wasn't sure when, but it must have been during the introductions that Mr Adler who standing next to me was replaced by Aldean.

"Let's proceed with today's business". The Chairman of Skyview spoke.

The elevator was opened and the Chairman, Mr Tomiwa, and Mr Thomas Raphael, Schmidt holdings legal counsel entered into it.

Aldean, Dylan, Mr Adler and I took the second elevator.

During the ascent Dylan had asked me to follow him on Instagram, that he is a new user and I promised I would. Mr Adler was going through something on his phone but Aldean was looking through the transparent walls of the elevator, outside,at the Victoria island roads but he rather looked like his mind was very far away.

He had a slight frown on his usually passive face and stood at ease with his left hand inside the pocket of his pants.

The deal was signed and I was really excited that we would swing into full motion on our work, without having to worry at all about funds.

Although I was joyful, I noticed Aldean had been quiet since morning. He only spoke when spoken to or when it was paramount that he said something.

My phone pinged while we were at the lounge of the law firm.
It was the invitation design for Suzy's birthday this Saturday from the event planner. I was supposed to be involved in part of the planning.

I was still studying the design when Dylan spoke from behind me.

"Is that a party? Can I come with you?"
He questioned giving me puppy eyes.

"Uh, it's a birthday celebration. Not much of a party." I told him.

"Did I hear party?" Mr Adler spoke from across the room where he had been sitting silently.

"I really need to loosen up. I've been stuck in our house since we arrived and it's starting to bore me senseless".

"Yeah it is. My friend is throwing a party for her 25th at a bar Mr Adler".

He frowned. "Why am I the only person you speak to like that. Please call me Damien or Day or just Adler" he finished smiling.

"You can call me Lola" I replied.

"Lola, instead of a meal, why don't you let me follow you to the bar too. I promise to be a good boy". He said giving me a smile I couldn't deny.

After thinking hard and realizing Suzy wouldn't mind them being there, I agreed.

"What's your email, I would have to send the invite to you. Do you mind writing it in a piece of paper for me?". I asked Damien and Dylan as a searched my purse for a piece of paper I had kept there earlier.

"Instead of email," Damien said approaching me, "how about your cell number?" He said, picking my phone from the top of the table in front of me.

My hands were holding my purse so I couldn't snatch it from him.

Unfortunately for me, my phone was unlocked so he had access to it.

"Alright, here you go". He said handing me back my phone after he and Dylan had inputted their numbers into it.

It had been over ten minutes since the three of us had been waiting in the lounge while Aldean and the other men were discussing with the co-founder  of this law firm.

From what I heard, my Chairman and Mr Kalejaiye were in-laws, but I was almost certain that they weren't discussing family matters right now.

Right on cue, the door opened and Aldean's head surfaced.

He stepped inside and spoke "Are you ready to leave?"  Without answering, we began filing out after him.

When we got outside, Mr Tomiwa informed me that I had been given a half-day and didn't need returning to the hospital.

Dylan shuffled towards me.
"We're having lunch together at a Chinese restaurant, would you mind coming with us?"

I was about to refuse when my stomach decided to growl.

He laughed and nudged me with his shoulder
"I'll take that as a yes" he told me before scurrying away towards Aldean.

He whispered into his ears and Aldean nodded in response to him.

Aldean turned to look at me for a brief moment before walking towards me.

Standing in front of me, he cleared his throat.
"Would you like to ride with me?"

don't forget to vote

*AUTHOR'S NOTE*

Hey dear readers how are you doing. Thanks a bunch for putting up with my late updates and for your encouraging messages.
If you have any questions or comments, please hit me up in the comment box or you can send me a direct message.

Dena xoxo.