Settling In (part 2)

"Miss Lola, do you mind doing me a favor?"

At first, I was too stunned to reply. I hadn't expected anyone to pay me any attention, at least, for the next two hours.

Slowly, I dropped my book and looked up at the person who had beckoned me.

It was Mr Damien Adler.

Smiling a little, I responded.
"Of course I do not. What do you need?"

"I was wondering if you could lend me one of your earrings"

My brows shot up on their own accord.
Immediately, a million questions filled my head.

My earring? What for? Does he like them?Does he want to keep them? Does he wear earrings?

I spied at one of his ear lobes but it hadn't been pierced.

"Would you mind?" He said breaking my sporadic thinking.

"I wouldn't. But if I may ask why would you need my earring?" I replied standing up.
I felt quite small, compared to his 6'3" height.

I felt it'd be rude sitting while he spoke to me.

"I think I misplaced the sim port pin of my phone somewhere and I need to input new SIM card into my iPhone".

"Oh, of course". Immediately I took of the earring in my left ear and handed it out in my palm.

"Err, actually I didn't bring my phone down with me, do you mind coming upstairs to my room, so I don't drop it along the way?"

I was surprised when I blurted "Sure"

He turned and walked towards the way he'd most probably come from, with me following on his heels.

We climbed through the polished wooden staircase and turned right on the hall.

He opened the brown wooden door which was the third door on the left.

"Come in". He gestured looking at me over his shoulders with a smile.

The first thing that caught my attention was the shiny wooden floors. The looked so glossy that I feared I would trip on them.

The bed, against the right side of the wall, was dressed in white sheets and there were two black table lamps on each sides of the caramel headboards.
The bottom half of the walls in the room were charcoal black wooden works which complimented the leather cushion and bottom of the bed. 

The room in one word was spectacular, especially with the lighting scheme it had going on.

"The earring?" Mr Adler asked, obviously noting how I'd been checking the room out.

"Here you go. This is such a nice room Mr Adler" I said.

"Thank you. Please call me Damien. I'm not one for formalities". He replied with a half smile.

"Do you mind me calling you Lola?" He asked.

"Of course not. I'd prefer that". I responded.