Chapter 19

When it was time for Suzy to come in, I had to step out of the hall to accustom her.

After all the threat I'd given her, if she dared to come late, about a very severe scolding, she was still 15 minutes behind schedule.

When she stepped out of the limousine looking so beautiful, all my plans for scolding flew out the biosphere.

Even I was amazed with the work of her stylist and makeup artist.

She was donned in a beautiful pink sequined couture Chanel gown that also consisted a pink and purple feather cape. A lot of glamour was going on but still it appeared simple and classy.

I have her a warm hug and whispered "Happy birthday" in her ear.

"Thank you Sugar" she whispered back.

Her friends from work who were with her while she got dressed peeled out of the other door of the limo and came to say hi to me.

I greeted them back and explained how we would make an entrance into the hall.

I directed the usher who carried the confetti and flower petals to share them among the ladies that came with Suzy.

When we were beckoned in, I stood directly behind Suzy as we filed into the hall but I didn't exactly remain at that position because her friends were dancing so excitedly that I had to prevent myself from getting run over or stepped on with their pencil heels.

I felt a small hand grab my wrist and pull me forward. Immediately I knew it was Suzy.
We both shared a laugh and kept dancing forward as I threw the confetti on her.

When we approached the stage area where she would be seated, I glanced towards Aldean and the guys' table and saw they were applauding us in.

Well except Aldean who just stared at us as if we were doing something out of the ordinary.

I smiled at him hoping to get a smile back but didn't quite get the response I was hoping for, as he just curved the edge of his lips and gave me a slight nod.

I chuckled at my previous expectation of him to smile as widely as Damien and Dylan, when I knew he didn't smile as much.

Suzy sat at the big cushion settee while I sat at a dining chair next to her.

Almost an hour later, after we'd gone halfway through the party program, Suzy called for my attention.

"Isn't there a place on the programme where I get to eat?" She asked with a sarcastic tone in her voice.

"Yes, there is, after the party" I replied with a smirk on my face.

She had a horrid look on her face which made me burst out laughing.

I called the waiter assigned to us and collected the menus.

I handed them to her and looked over at Aldean's table where they were eating.

She ticked what she wanted on the menu and passed it back to me.

I scanned through the menu as I was starting to get hungry too.

Strawberry Pisco Punch
Pineapple Rosé Sangria
Raspberry-Rhubarb Collins Punch
Strawberry-Ginger Punch
Strawberry Wine Punch
Watermelon-Hibiscus-Lime Margaritas
Cider Rum Punch
Ginger Beer-Pineapple Rum Punch
Strawberry-Blood Orange Rum Punch
Brûléed Grapefruit Punch
Vodka Mint Lemonade

I had already ordered a drink before but it was Strawberry-Ginger punch but I wanted to try Pineapple Rosé Sangria so I ticked it on my menu.