Chapter 9

Aldean's POV

I read the title of the presentation which we were about to receive and found out Miss Williams was the researcher who had come up with this brilliant discovery. I had been anticipating meeting this researcher my father had spoken so highly of. The fact that I had met her already, unknown to me, was surprising.

I looked up at her, standing a few yards across from me.
She must have been looking at me because our eyes met immediately I looked up at her.

I don't know how long our gazes held, but it was broken when she was asked to start the presentation.

She walked towards the end of the boardroom table, turned on the projector and started the presentation.

In my seven years of being in the business profession, I had never seen sophistication, eloquence, beauty and brilliance in a young woman, such as this.

Many at times, women were not given the opportunity, which bereaved me, or were intimidated by their masculine peers.

I had once seen something similar when my mother had braved her strong male contenders and won a multimillion dollar contract for her pharmaceutical company with the government.

It had been a topflight period for women in America and I had been there to proudly witness it.
Although I had been a high school student at that time, my parents always took me to important meetings and told me to learn as much as I could from them.

It was refreshing to see Miss Williams speak with such audacity being the youngest in the room, well except  she is of same age with Dylan.

When she finished the presentation, the whole boardroom erupted in an applause.

Mr Justice silenced the room and spoke.
"This is not the first time I've received this lecture from you, but I'm still amazed at how you could come up with such an ingenious and originative way to diagnose such a terrible disease. I was glad to hear you didn't sell your idea to your senior colleagues," he said looking at some of the members of the meeting, causing some people to clear their throats guiltily "such attitude is well appreciated, not just in the medical field, but in all professions".

He spoke a lot of commending words about her  diligence, good ethics, prowess. It was obvious he favored her.

During his long speech, Miss Williams stood at the end of the table with her hands folded in front of her and her head bowed slightly and humbly.

"So, Mr Schmidt, I believe you fully understand now what it is you are investing in?" He asked, getting my attention. This caused everyone in the room to cast their gaze on me, including Miss Williams.

"Yes sir, I fully understand and I would like to proceed with the legal aspect as soon as possible. This is a kind of opportunity companies dream of and this particular is very important to my father on a personal level". I replied.

"I am very delighted to hear this and I promised your father that we would all work together on this project and hopefully release it to the public as soon as possible". He said to me.

With that we both stood from our seats and shook hands.

After the meeting, we were escorted to the research laboratory area where all the research and testing had been carried out. There were several machines in the laboratory and some looked quite worn out. I mentally included them in part of the equipments my company would be providing for the hospital.