7

"This is Jason, Eric, and his girlfriend Jessica." I inform Hadley and point to each person.

She nods at each of them."hi, I'm Hadley." She says as she sits down next to me on the one side of the picnic table sit Jason , Eric and Jessica. Unfortunately Hadley has got a few homework questions in her math class so she brought it out to finish up.

"Hey, you know Dustin here never shuts up about you." Jason says and I can feel my face get hot. I give him a death glare and he just shoots me a smile.

"Is that homework?" Eric asks gesturing to her notebook and textbook.

"Uh yeah." She says opening up to the page she had to finish up. "I only have three questions so it shouldn't take me too long." She picks up her pencil and gets to work.

"Yeah she's got to finish this now so she can come to the party tonight." I smile at the three.

"You convinced her to tag along huh?" Eric says and smiles at me.

"Yeah, the only compromise we could come up with with was if we let her finish her work now." I say and Hadley elbows me.

While she works away on her questions Jessica and I bicker, Eric and Jason plan some camping adventure that they will never actually go on. They never do go on their plans.

I glance over to Hadley and see her erasing. The page looks so worn, she's obviously having problems with the question.

"Having issues?" I whisper to her.

She drops her pencil and lets out a angry groan. "I just don't get it, I'm doing the formula it's just not working out."

I take the textbook from her and read the question. Easy, I loved this unit last year when I was in the class.

"Here." I say and grab her pencil, I'm not going to do the work for her but I'll help her understand. I practically teach her how to do it.

After I go over it she tries the question she was having an issue with again." I got it!" She says excitedly. "Oh that totally makes more sense now." She says and closes her book. "Thanks Fox, you really know your stuff."

I shrug like it's nothing. "Anytime doll, I've got smarts don't let my good looks set you off." She rolls her eyes and looks away from me.

"So Hadley, has Dustin tried to put the moves on you yet?" I glare at Jessica for her question, of course she ignores me. Hadley looks at me with furrowed eyebrows.

"Jessica." Eric scolds her. "Dustin might have a bad rep but he can make friends too." He says to her. I give him a thankful glance then look at Hadley. She doesn't seem fazed by the question. Thank goodness.

" yeah." She says shyly. "A friend is all I'm looking for right now." I smile at her response.

We spend the rest of lunch talking about the most random things.

**
"Wait so you have high enough grades that you attend this school on some scholarship?" Eric asks Hadley and she smiles and nods.

"That must be hard, no wonder you work through lunch." Jason says taking a sip of his Gatorade.

"It's a bit difficult at times but I manage." She smiles, she doesn't mention that if she didn't keep up the grade she would be kicked out of the school. I don't blame her for being scared to, rich kids often put down those that don't have the same privileges as them. I can only imagine the ear in her when she told me, how nervous she must of been when I insisted I drive her home.

**
"That's like my favourite book!" Jessica yells excitedly.

Hadley an her we talking about free reading and when Hadley mentions some book series jess freak out.