17

I can't believe Hadley convinced me into letting my parents meet her, I mean I know she really wanted to meet them and my mom was keen on meeting her, my dad's not to fond of the idea, of course he's never fond of anything that doesn't help him in his business.

"What time was she coming over again? You told her 5:30 right?" My mother asks me. I roll my eyes and laugh at her from my seat at the island.

"Mom yes I told her." I shake my head at her controlling and worried  ways.

"Why couldn't her parents come with her again?" My father asks  me.

"Her dad's working tonight." I tell him honestly. Luckily for Hadley she managed to get a sitter for Oliver so she could actually come over.

I can tell my dad is about to ask further questions when the door bell rang. My father started to get up to get it when I stood quickly, "don't worry dad, I'll get it." I start walking to the front door.

"Behave yourself in front of Dustin's girlfriend." I hear my mother scold my father.

I open the door to a beautiful Hadley standing there, a pair of black leggings and a floral shirt. "Hey you." I say with a smile.

"Hey." She flashes me her sparkling smile. "I'm here at the right time?"

"Oh yeah, right on time." I move to the side allowing her to walk in. She nods to me and I bow my head closing the door behind her. I walk behind her into the kitchen.

"Oh, you must be Hadley!?" My mother says excitedly, taking the oven kits off her hands and placing them on the marble island. She rushes over to Hadley and looks at her.

"Mom, dad, this is Hadley. Doll, my parents." I say pointing between them. While skipping my arm around Hadley's waist, almost like I'm trying to protect her or something. Sometimes my parents can be viscous. If I have her close I can get her out faster if I have to.

"Oh it's so nice to meet you dear, Dustin has been so happy since he started hanging out with you." She smile at Hadley, Hadley's face turning a slight shade of pink.

"I can't take all that credit." She says, of course my mother looks confused but I know what Hadley means. I've also gotten a better relationship with my mother, as well as slightly better relationship with my dad. It feels more like family here now.

The house even looks a little less modern and a little more lived in. Yeah it's still got that modern look but my mom actually put up a recent math test I had that I got 100 on on the fridge. She also put up a family portrait in the front room. We also have put a little bed and play house thing for gizmo in the place. It looks more like a family house and less like a show home.

Gizmo walked into the room and rubbed against Hadley's leg. She looked down to see there cat, she bent down on her knees and pet gizmo on the head. "Hello to you too gizmo."

"Anyways, dinner is just about finished so why don't you two go sit down at the table with your father." My mom said as she returned to the kitchen and started to get stuff ready.

"Oh Ms. Fox would you like some help, I would feel just awful you serving alone." Haley said starting to follow her into the kitchen.

I grab her arm and pull her back." You're our guest Hadley, go sit down I'll help her out." I whisper in her ear.

"Fine." She says, I won that one fast, I give her a quick peck on the cheek then go to the kitchen area to help my mother.

             ~                     ~                ~

"Oh Ms.Fox that was just delicious. Thank you so much again for having me over." Haley says thanking my parents for about the thousandth thine tonight.