14

I finish my breakfast and slip into my denim jacket, matching with my blue jeans and white shirt. I'm about to head out, my hands on the door handle. I think twice. I think is time to start mending relationships. I walk to my mom studio and knock lightly on the door. I hear a muffled it's open on the other side. I open the door and sick my head in.

"Mom?" I say looking to her corner that she works.

"Humm ?" She hums not looking away from her work. I try not to get annoyed to fast.

"If you aren't busy..... do you think maybe you could.... uh..... come to the mall with me and help me pick out some shoes for Hadley? I've already picked a dress but I don't...." she puts her hand up looking at me.

"Not another word." I'm afraid she's mad at me for interrupting her in the middle of her work. "I would love to." She smiles at me and my shoulders loosen. She puts her brush down and gets up taking her apron off.

"Thanks mom." I say. The two of us walk to my car and we drive off to the mall, I lead her to the dress shop I was in yesterday. Walking up to the counter luckily the lady from yesterday is working.

"Excuse me, I have a dress on hold? We talked yesterday?" She looks confused at first.

"Oh yes, the black one." She smiles and goes to get it. She comes back and places it on the table, cashing it into the register. "This one correct? I went right into the dressing room, she was the only one in there and this was the only dress."

I take the dress and hold it up. "Yes, this is it." I smile, I can just see the smile on Hadley's face when she wears it. I pay for the dress and then we head out, my mom takes me to this shoe store that apparently she swears has the most elegant shoes on the market.

We spend twenty minutes looking at all kinds of heals and flats, putting them up to the dress, asking for the sales representatives opinion.

"How about these ones? Simple, elegant, yet still beautiful and go with the dress perfectly." My mom says holding up a simple pair of black heals with small gems along the heal, open toes. I take them out of her hands.

"Perfect, she'll love them." I look at the three pairs they have of this kind and take the ones that look the closest to Hadley size, I hope.

"What's your plan Dustin?" My mom asks me as we stand in the cash line.

"I'm going to give Hadley a nice night out, a fancy dress, some nice shoes and a break. I'm going to give her a fairy tail if I can. I want to give her the world." I smile at the shoes. I look to my mother and she has a smile on her face. "What?" I ask

"Nothing just, it's nice." She says " all that you're doing for her."

            ~                       ~                   ~

I was so nervous, I don't know why I know she'll say yes to going out. I called her dad and he says he has the night off so he's taking care of Oliver so she really doesn't have an excuse.

I walk into the store and see an older man behind the counter, the owner I assume. He smiles at me as I walk across the place to the back corner, the way you get upstairs. I must look odd, with a dress bag and shoes in hand. I hop up the stairs and knock on Hadley's door. She opens the door and her myth drops.

"What are you up to Fox? " she asks seeing the things in my hands and arms."is this some kind of intervention of sorts?" She asks crossing her arms over her chest and tilting her head off to the side.

I shake my head with a smile, I hand her the dress and shoes, "go change." I tell her she takes the dress and shoes then ties to hand them back to me.