15

I place down the bowl of popcorn to the side of the game board. Jason and Eric were arguing over how much Jason owes Eric, he owns the land but he also has all three of the coloured lands as well as two houses on each square. These two get extremely competitive no matter the game being played, even monopoly is a competition to them.

Hadley and Jessica were sitting beside closer together whispering to each mother, probably making fun of Jason and Eric, like those two tend to do. I sit down by the board crossing my legs

"Can you just pay the guy and we can get on with the game please?" I ask the two nitwits as I take a handful of popcorn, a buttery masterpiece.

"Fine." The two say simultaneously. The two girls giggle. I roll my eyes, they get so giddy sometimes.

"You know Jason, you're the only one out of the three musketeers group that doesn't have a girlfriend..." jess says trying to give the hint to Jason that he souls start looking.

"Yeah in the lone wild, sole survivor. Last man standing." He says proudly rolling the dye. He rolls double 5. "Yes! I get to go again!" He yells happily. The rest of us all groan and roll our eyes.

"Hadley do you want to blow this joint? We can hang out in the kitchen? Talk girly things?" Jess asks Hadley as she stands up waiting for Hadley to answer.

I look to Hadley also waiting for a response from her, she shakes her head with a smile. "That's alright, as much as I would love to I should get going." She says. She looks over to me and I get the hint. I kinda dragged her here so she needed a ride home.

"Awe are you guys serious? The day was just getting good. You can't just bail like that." Jason whines as he pouts his lips acting like a three year old having a temper tantrum.

I sans up and wipe my hands on my pant legs, I hold out my hand and help Hadley up. "Sorry Jason," I say pulling Hadley along behind me.

"Can't you just hook up some other time, maybe not in the middle of our game?" I hear Jason say from behind us.

I turn quickly I can tell anger was written in my face, Jess hits him in the shoulder and his eyes are full of sorrow and laughter all at once. Hadley's face was red, I don't know if it's from embarrassment or anger and frustration. I cover her ears with my hands and look right at Jason. "Shut the F**k up Jason."

I grab Hadley's hands again and lead her out the door. Leaving Jason mind blown from my actions. His jaw was practically in dirt. Once Hadley and I settle into our seats I hear her laughing from beside me.

"And what do you find so funny doll?" I say with a little to much hostility. That was not meant for her.

"Whoa," she starts raising her hands in defence letting one last laugh out. "You don't need to protect me from the words of a sailor, I've heard them before."

"I'm sorry, you're just too pure to be subject to that." I let out a small laugh. She's right though, she goes to high school after all, no way she can even walk through those halls and not hear such a word.

"Anyways. Thanks for dragging me over today." She smiles folding her hands in her lap after she finished buckling her seat belt. "If was really fun."

"What can I say, fun follows me wherever I May go."

~ ~ ~

After I dropped Hadley off at her apartment I headed back over to Jason's for a bit to hang out. After that got boring I decided to call it a night and head home. Now I'm sat in front of my tv, scrolling through the endless selection of stupid movies and new shows. None of which seem interesting at all. Once 11:00 hit I though maybe I should head to bed, there was school tomorrow after all, just as I slid beneath my covers my phone starts to buzz on my side table. I pick it up seeing it's Hadley.

"Hadley? You know it's actually 11:00 right?" I ask her before she has a chance to speak.

"Dustin, I need you help." She says. I can almost hear the crying in her voice. They didn't sound sad, they sounded like cries of frustration. "I have a test tomorrow in my math class and I don't get it." She spills out.

"Is this the same math I helped you with before?" I ask her. I remembered helping her and her insisting she actually understood it.

"Yeah, except I keep doing practice questions and I'm not getting anywhere close to the correct answer. I swear I'm doing the equations right and in the right order." She groans through the phone.

I close my eyes and rub my noes with my thumb and pointer finger, letting out a sigh. "Alright I'll be over soon to help you out okay?" I say to her as I stand from my bed and find decent clothes to wear.

"Dustin you don't need to come over, just explain it again over the phone, I'm sure I'll get it then." She insists.

I shake my head, though she can't see that," it's a lot easier to show you and actually help you through the process then it is to explain it and hope you're telling me the truth when I ask if you get it." The other end of the line is silent for a second.

I hear a sigh from Hadley," fine." She says. I smile at how fats she caved. "See you soon."

I hang up the phone and head out the door to drive my way to Hadley's house, making a stop to pet Gizmo and telling her goodnight before I leave.

Once I got to Hadley apparent she was sitting outside along the sidewalk, literally in a pair of shorts and a tee shirt, like it's so cold out here.

I get out of my car and she stands up, wrapping her arms around her body to keep warm. "Doll, why are you outside in like nothing? Cover up its cold."

She shakes her head quickly as I approach her," I had to meet you out here to let you in, my brother is sleeping and I don't want r wake him."

We enter the store so we can get upstairs, I see her dad is working and give him a quick wave, knowing Hadley he knew I was on my way. He also must trust Hadley like a lot. I don't know any parent that would let their daughter have her boyfriend over at like 11:30 on a school night.

Once we get to her place I see that their is not a book to be seen, "there's your problem Doll, you have to have your books out to actually study and practice." She rolls her eyes and grabs my hand, leading me to her bathroom."doll this is not the time to be taking a bath." I smile. She just rolls her eyes and opens the door. Spread across the small space is her math book and supplies. "You're doing homework in the bathroom?" I ask her, she's definitely lost it.

"Yeah, it was the only way I wouldn't wake Oliver with my crying of frustration." She sighs and starts to gather her books. I grab a few things also and follows her to a clear space on her front room floor.

"See this is better." I say as we both settle on the ground and lay out her stuff.

"Perfect, "she says angrily," now help me." I ant help but smile at how flustered she is.

~ ~ ~

After forever, 2 hours to be exact, she had figured it out, done about a dozen questions and gotten each one correct. I hear her let out a sigh of relief from beside me. She lays back on the floor.

"I never thought I would see the day." She smile and covered her face with her hands.

I leans over her and kissed her on the lips, out of nowhere, but that's the beauty of calling her my girlfriend, I get to kiss her whenever I see fit.

She pulls her hands from her eyes and meets mine," what was that for?" She asks me sitting back up.

"That was a congratulations for finally getting it," I say" and this is for being proud of you." I cupped her face and kissed her again, this time a bit longer, a bit deeper. I pull away to a smile on her face.

"Well then." She starts Andover to lay me down, my back pressed against the slightly cool wood panel flooring of her apartment. She lays half on me so her head is just close enough to mine. "This is a thank you." She says and kisses me softly at first then growing with passion in each movement.

I run my hand through her tangled hair, pulling her closer to me. We break apart only for a second." I love you Hadley." I whisper to her.

A smile creeps to her lips." I love you too Dustin." Then she leans into kiss me sweetly again.