everybody was (kung fu) fighting

ii. chapter two

previously 

"You're welcome." She watched with a smile as Dick retreated, the two returning their attention to Dick and following him out the door. Before they had exited completely, she called out to them. "Enjoy your stay." Dick didn't respond, but Gar flashed a toothy grin through the window and waved. Only once they had passed the last window and until she could no longer see them did she return to her seat, gazing softly at a postcard on the wall.

As the clock struck ten, she began her routine checkup of each of the halls. Seeing most of the rooms were empty, not much work had to be done, but knowing that tonight would be different, she continued wandering down the dimly lit corridors. Walking into one of the empty rooms, she looked over to the window, noting a new car parked a few feet away from the large minivan that had arrived earlier that day. As if on cue, she heard the power generators shut off. She straightened up and took a deep breath, waiting until she heard muffled punches and finally the heavy thud of a body hitting the floor a few rooms over from her. Nodding her head in time to the distant sounds of fighting, she slowly made her way into the hallway to check it was clear. She looked up to the ceiling and waited till she heard a knocking above her and two pairs of muted footsteps charging down the hallway. 

"Okay," she muttered to herself. "Time to go"

Progressing to the stairs on one side of the motel, she quietly ascending up the pitch black staircase, never missing a step. Nearly at the next floor, the fighting was much less muffled and she could hear the bat swinging and nearly missing Kory as Gar ran to help Rachel. As she reached the top she heard the window smash and Dicks body hit the windshield of the minivan. Making her way to the corridor where the fight was taking place, she could barely make out two faint silhouettes laying on the floor and Kory stumbling towards the opposite set of stairs. As the bodies lurched forwards to a sitting position, she saw Kory pause and turn to face them, not noticing her. 

Once Kory had grabbed the bat mid-swing, she pulled the boy into a chokehold, pulling the bat towards her and against his neck. Before his sister could attack, she fell to the ground, almost in a daze. Watching her fall, confused, Kory noticed the girl from the office standing opposite her further down the hallway, her bright eyes fading into the darkness. Kory felt the boy in her arms softly stop resisting, in the same state as his sister. Seeing the girl had disappeared from her spot down the hall, she tossed the senseless boy down the stairs and he landed with a thud. 

The girl watched from the darkness as Kory made her way outside to protect Rachel and Gar who had gathered by the cars, unsure of what to do next. Knowing there was no reason to follow the others, as Robin would turn up any minute now, she walked back towards where Dick had been staying and began tidying up the mess that came from his fight with the parents of the weird family. From the window, she could see Kory attempting to summon her power, her skin glowing a vibrant orange, only for it to extinguish moments later. As the trio huddled closer together, the girl backed away from the window as cannister rolled behind the families feet, exploding into a cloud of smoke that filled the sounding area in a white, opaque fog that distracted the family. From the smoke, Robin emerged, armoured in red and black, his domino mask not doing much for shielding his identity as both Rachel and Gar immediately identified him as his alter ego.

She continued to watch from the window as the fight commenced, each hero using their own strengths to fight off the opposing family until they finally gathered as a team, prompting the family to drop their weapons and surrender. The team apprehended them and brought them inside, tying them up individually with the parents with Dick and Kory, and the children with Rachel and Gar, both sides preparing for interrogation.

As Dick begun asking the parents questions, receiving no answers, a knocking occurred at their door, leading Kory to stalk over and open it, revealing the girl from reception, whose appearance during the fighting earlier still remained a mystery to Kory, who made no attempt at hiding her confusion as to why she was at the door. The girl simply smiled back at her.

"I'm here to help." She spoke, cryptically, confusing Kory further. 

Before Kory could respond, Dick called out.

"Let her in."

a/n 06/02/2019

Another chapter where I still haven't explained what's happening!!!!!!!!!!  Sorry if anyone is confused at this point, I'm trying to slide in what her powers are discreetly so it all sounds a bit odd but hopefully, it will become clear soon!

I'm trying to get these initial chapters done for the lead up to the kind of reveal? 

Also I just want to say I know Kory totally had it handle in her fight scene but for the sake of this story I had to change it a bit.

As always, thank you for reading, I hope you are enjoying it so far, the next chapter will be coming very soon!!!! 

gif from sssssssim on tumblr