we'll meet again

iii. chapter three

previously

"I'm here to help." She spoke, cryptically, confusing Kory further.

Before Kory could respond, Dick called out.

"Let her in."

The calm smile still gracing her lips, she waltzed into the room, unfazed by the sight in front of her, as if she was expecting it. She walked around the chairs that held the parents and stopped in front of them, crouching slightly so that she was eye level with them. Her face didn't change as she stared into their eyes, causing Kory to flick her eyes from the girl to Dick, her confusion not faltering. Dick, on the other hand, remained watching the girl, intrigued and watched carefully for her next move.

The girl narrowed her eyes, her gaze not moving an inch as she spoke. "They need to deliver Rachel."

"To who?" Dick pushed himself away from the cabinet he was leaning on, his eyes trained on the girl.

"... Their employer?" She spoke, unsure of what it could mean. Her gaze turned into a glare as she began to feel frustrated. "I can't see any more than that."

A wide grin was plastered on the mother and fathers faces. "Loose lips sink ships." "That's true. Nobody likes a tattletale."

"Okay," Kory marched towards the parents as she wrapped her hands around the father's throat. "It's my turn."

"Wait, wait, wait. Come here," Dick pulled Kory's hands away and led her back where he stood originally. "I've seen this behaviour before, back in Gotham. They're brainwashed. Beating them up won't make a difference." Kory responded by pulling her lips into a tight line, becoming more irritated.

"Help yourselves. Give us the girl, and we'll be on our way, lickety-split." Kory and Dick's heads both turned to look back at the parents once she spoke. The girl's eyes darted to the mothers, a small grin on her face as she focused again.

"They have a GPS in their car," Her head turned back to Dick. "Their employer's location's on it."

With this information, Dick sped out of the door towards the said car. Kory and girl both followed him, seeing that Gar and Rachel had made it there before him. As they approached, they caught on to the end of their conversation.

"Are we gonna see him?" Gar spoke excitedly. "I'd really like to meet Batman."

Dick moved to get in the car, but not before he turned back to face Gar, a sickly sweet smile on his face.

"No, you're not"

Gar's face fell and his shoulders dropped but quickly bounced back to his normal self as Kory and the girl stopped next to theirs, all of their eyes on Dick.

"Any luck?" Kory wasn't sure what to think of the girl beside her's actions a moment ago, everything was still confusing to her and she didn't know what to believe anymore.

Dick opened the car door and leant against it. "I'm going to find out who's running this freak show."

Eager to get away from the motel, Kory confirmed: "Yeah, I'll come with you."

Shaking his head, Dick noted how dangerous it would be, that they didn't fully know what they were dealing with.

"Besides, I need you to protect Gar and Rachel, we don't know what their plan is, they could send someone else whilst we're gone."

"We?" Rachel questioned.

Dick nodded his head towards the girl, who was already looking in his direction. "I'm bringing her with me. Whatever she did back there, I think she can help. As I said, we don't know what we're dealing with."

"Yeah, so what makes you think taking her's a good idea?" Kory's voice lowered as she continued talking, "we have absolutely no idea who she is, why she's here or what she can do. How do you know she's not working for them, this whole thing could have been planned!" 

Dick didn't respond. He knew Kory was right, but he didn't really have any other options. He knew he had to find out what was happening. If the girl really was working against them, at least bringing her with him meant she couldn't harm the others. He continued staring at Kory, reasoning with himself in his head, convincing himself this was the only solution. Without another word, he ducked down and sat in the car, the girl quickly following his actions and sat in the passenger's seat. 

Kory rolled her eyes at him and sighed, whilst Rachel and Gar watched Dick, full of melancholy. Before Dick closed the door, he glanced back to the remaining group. 

"I'm coming back. I promise." Kory continued to stare him down, not pleased with the outcome. Gar nodded and Rachel smiled back, hoping he would keep his word.

His door finally shut. The girl next to him watched his every move, knowing how he felt. Her eyes wandered back to the trio as the engine started and they drove away, her head turning back to watch until they were no longer visible. As she turned back around, she settled in her seat and took in her surroundings. They had taken the strange families car, which seems almost untouched, despite what had just occurred. Keeping his eyes on the road, Dick realised something. 

"So what's your name?"

"I don't have one."

a/n - 07/02/2019

I am cracking out these chapters faster than I expected so I hope they aren't complete rubbish! Once I finish writing for the first series I am going to go back over and edit the chapters a bit, so please leave any feedback or let me know any mistakes I have made :) 

This book might be a bit longer than I intended because I just realised I'm still on episode 5 and I have a lot more to write before episode 6.

Hope you are enjoying it so far, everything will be explained next chapter!!!!!!

gif from canufeelthesilence on tumblr