here i go again

viii. chapter 8

previously

"Sandy"

"Sandy? That's a little on the nose, don't you think?" Dick contradicted. 

Jason looked from Dick to the girl and questioned himself mentally. "I think it suits her." He said with a smirk.

"I like it." The girl piped up, nodding along.

"Alright then, Sandy it is." 

Content with finally have a name for the girl, the three sat in silence for the next portion of their journey, the soft music from the radio filled the car.

----

Their journey carried on, the destination still unknown; Jason continued from earlier and started to gush again about how 'psyched' he was about getting to spend time with Dick, who was notably less thrilled and reeked of jealousy as he began to ask Jason more questions about his new 'comradeship' with Bruce. 

As Jason explained how he met Bruce, more of his character was revealed to the two other people in the car, a cocky but charming young boy who was clearly excited to be working alongside Batman himself. This was made even clearer when he led the topic of conversation to his suit, claiming he could be would easily survive a flamethrower attack from merely 10 feet away. Whilst they couldn't doubt that it was an impressive claim, both Dick and Sandy didn't stop themselves imagining how helpful Kory would be if the other boy continued with his close to arrogant attitude.

The tension in the car rose as Dick found out he had a tracker in his arm, the information understandably irked him as he began to mentally plot how he could best remove it. Jason, on the other hand, was not phased by the idea of his every move being watched. Realising that he and Dick both had different opinions on Batman's actions, he piped down, asking where they were heading, and since Dick had no set destination in mind, Jason was able to offer up his own suggestion, that was conveniently not too far from them.

----

The car pulled into an underground parking area, open to those only with permission presumably. Before they had gone below ground, Sandy had been able to get a quick look at their final spot, yet another extremely tall building. She had begun to get used to the change in landscape as she had spent the entirety of the journey gazing out of the window, but seeing she would get to go into a 'skyscraper' and not get attacked, she was very excited, to say the least.

Jason shared his knowledge about the building. trying to impress the other two as they approached a door. Dick caught a mistake and tried to correct him, which went over Jason's head as he continued rambling, clearly not as knowledgeable as he tried to be. Dick politely stopped him and moved over to the fixture next to the door. He stood patiently as the machine scanned him, only for a red light to flash over his face and a robotic voice to let him know he couldn't enter. He moved out the way defeatedly and Jason approached, copying Dick's actions, instead, he was greeted with a green light and the door opening. He sheepishly turned around and claimed that the locks must have been changed. Dick only glanced at him before walking into the elevator, moving into the corner so the other two could fit. Jason over exaggeratedly swung his arm towards the lift, motioning for Sandy to go before him. She smiled sweetly at him and soon they were tucked into the surprisingly confined space, but Sandy guessed this was due to Bruce not expecting many people to visit at one time. 

The two boys clutched their cases tightly, neither knowing what to say next. Sandy noticed the fairly awkward silence and started to look around the tight space, not seeing anything other than the metal walls and slithers of light in the corners. Jason glanced up at her every few seconds before Dick captured his attention, asking why he was acting as 'Robin'.

"Are you kidding? This is the dopest gig ever. Hanging out with Batman, kicking bad guy's asses, bring famous, driving the goddamn Batmobile." Jason went on, not noticing Dick's head turn towards him at the last point. 

"He lets you drive the Batmobile?" Dick asked with no tone in his voice, but it was clear his jealousy was rising up again as he realised how his relationship with Bruce had been much different. Jason nodded slightly and looked back down, not knowing how to respond as he realised he had more privileges than Dick had as Robin. The thought made him smirk as he explained to Dick why being Robin was better than being solo. He had admiration in his voice as he spoke about Batman, although the words he used confused Sandy and she was left to wonder what Batman actually did as the doors opened and Jason stepped out. She followed him out and turned back to Dick as she noticed he hadn't moved. He handed her his case, which was heavier than she anticipated, and told her he was going to grab the unconscious man from the car. The elevator doors closed before she could say anything in return. Turning back to the rest of the floor, she followed where she had assumed Jason had gone.

a/n - 28/02/2019

sorry this one took longer! ive had the week off uni and headed home so i havent really been on my computer much

also is it obvious i have no idea how to balance dialogue or just big paragraphs? there are certain scenes that i find it harder to fit sandy(so glad they have a name now) into. i dont really want to just skip to scenes where they are relevant but i also dont want to make up conversation for the sake of it bc i actually have more of a plan for later scenes so for these bits im just trying to throw in little extra pieces so i hope thats alright!

hope you guys enjoyed, thank you so much to everyone who is reading, i cant tell you how happy i get seeing so many people reading this!!! i didnt expect anywhere near that so thank you!!!!! see you in the next part!!!!!!!