walk this way

xi. chapter eleven

previously

Whilst they had been talking Sandy noticed a 'system alert' icon pop up on the screen and she walked closer to the computer. Shortly after it started beeping which altered the other two. Jason chuckled and hit a button that opened up a live webcam on the front entrance, revealing Kory, Rachel, and Garfield, all looking into the camera expectantly. Gar waved and the camera and grinned, making Sandy smile widely.

Dick entered the lounge with Kory, Gar and Rachel following, the latter two having a similar reaction to Sandy when they saw the interior of the building. They all quickly spotted Jason and Sandy sitting on the sofa. Sandy offered them all a polite smile, silently welcoming them, whilst Jason offered them all a 'brew', which Sandy assumed meant beer. Dick caught them all up to speed with the Adamson situation and Gar fawned over the second Robin suit in his presence. Kory and Dick headed to the bathroom so they could discuss the problem away from the others.

An awkward silence fell over the remaining four until Rachel stood up and trotted over to Sandy, holding her hand out. 

"I didn't get to introduce myself the other day. I'm Rachel."

Sandy eagerly returned the handshake, grinning as she would finally get the chance to answer correctly. "I'm Sandy!" 

Rachel smiled at her enthusiasm. "Cool name."

"Thanks, I just got it!" Jason turned his head away to hide his laughter and pinched the bridge of his nose, whilst Rachel just raised her eyebrows and nodded okay, not fully understanding.

Kory's voice echoed down the hallway, causing the four to turn their head in the direction of the bathroom, seeing Dick making his way back to them. He made his way to the two cases on the table and grabbed them both with ease. Looking at Sandy as he pushed the newer case into Jason's arms, he flicked his head to the door. 

"Let's go." He turned his back on them before either of them could answer. Sandy furrowed her eyebrows and tilted her head in confusion. Jason spoke for the both of them. "Where?"

Dick continued to the elevator and spoke over his shoulder. "Milwaukee." 

Jason's eyes widened in excitement. "Roadtrip's back on! Sick!" He grabbed Sandy's wrist with his free hand and almost dragged her to catch up with Dick. 

On their way out, Sandy quickly leaned around the wall to look at the remaining three. "It was nice to see you all again!" She yelled before she was pulled into the elevator and the doors shut in front of her.

A/N - 03/04/2019

WE ARE BACK IN BUSINESS!!!!! Sorry again for the long wait, I got my laptop back but its honestly probably worse than it was when i sent it in :/

also sorry this is so short, i wanted to quickly get out a chapter to let you guys know ill be updating again now, also this scene was kinda hard for me to write for some reason so sorry it sucks. its just a filler really 

THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH FOR READING THIS BOOK, i cant believe we are at 1.4k!!! that is so crazy to me and i cant thank you all enough. i hope you are all enjoying this book, please let me know if you have any suggestions or thoughts, this book is for you guys!!!!