Chapter 5

Hi guys, I'm so sorry for making this chapter so short, I was dragging through a little slum and I had exams to study for. Please continue to vote and leave your comments.

Chapter 5

DAY 9

First day of school; new students, new teachers, same classes, same friends, different problems. Through the halls, stamped the sounds of eager students, happy to be back at school. At precisely ten fifteen the second bell rang indicating the end of first period.

“Crunchy!”

“Munchy!”

“Chunky!”

“Cherry!”

“Berry!” The girls all shouted while greeting each other for the first time back at school.

“Guys, we’re seniors now. It’s time to kill it on those nick names.” said Daisy.

“Oh come on Daze, you know you love it, and besides its tradition.” smirked Leela

“That’s right.” She stopped for a minute to think then shouted, “Smooth!”

Last period came and Alex didn’t have a class at the point in time, so she decided to take a stroll to her favorite ‘hiding place’ in school. It was an abandoned hallway, leading to the old science building. No one really went there because it was marked off for some unknown reason, but she didn’t care. It was the one place she could think and truly be by herself when she needed to.

On her way to the location, she saw him - Stefan Gabriel Mason – walking along the corridor with his head faced down, fascinated by the game of kick the stone he was playing. The stone went a bit further than he thought it causing him to look up and their eyes to meet. Things got intense.

“Hi.” he said.

“Hey.” she replied.

She quickly walked past him in avoidance of a conversation, but she wasn’t fast enough. He caught her arm in his hand, stopping her immediately.

“Alex, can we talk?” She turned to face him. The flames of anger and hurt burning brightly in her eyes. “Please?” he asked in a voice of sorrow and regret.

Alex pulled her hand away, breaking free of his grip and said, “What’s there to talk about Mason? How you’re with her? Or how you acted like an ass when I confronted you about it? Or when you said you didn’t want me anymore?”

“Al I’m sorry, I wasn’t thinking…”

“Don’t lie to me Mason; you’re anything but a liar. The truth shall set you free, and it did.” Mason pulled her into his arms, giving her one of his famous ‘I’ll always be here’ hugs. She was so mad at him, because in all time, he knew exactly what she needed.

“Please don’t go?” he whispered face deep in her neck, giving and taking as much as he could get out of the embrace.

“Good bye Mace.” she replied, trying hard to stay strong ‘Let go’ she told herself, realizing that her body acted without her mind and was holding him tight. “Hope you enjoy life.” added Alex as Stefan released her, letting her wander on, out of sight.

‘If you love something, set it free. If it comes back to you, then it’s yours to keep.’ Mason felt his whole world crumble to the ground, but he knew he had to let her go, give her time and space to calm herself and cool her mind.

In the release of his embrace, Alex felt as if her heart was being ripped out of her chest; feeling every shred, every tear, every emotion rush through her body as if on hyper drive. She thought it was hard breaking up with someone she wasn’t even sure she loved and had been with for a long time, but she was wrong. Right then and there, that moment in his arms, to walk away, was the hardest thing.

DAY 10

After finally crying her heart out and missing three days of school, the girls thought that they should throw her a ‘forget about it’ party, so she could get out of the slum she was in. That weekend, Daisy threw the party of the year at her house. The biggest revival party they ever threw and everyone was invited; the guys, the girls, the crews, the cliques, ever one was there.

The party started at eight, but Alex came out around half nine wearing a stripped pink and white shorts, a peach thin strap and a pair of red and white shoes. Her hair was in a curly ponytail; she had on her ‘My Life’ necklace, a thin royal blue belt with a white rag in her hand, all smelling of 212 by Christina Herrera.

Walking through the crowd, heading towards the bar was Damian. He spotted the girl-of-the-hour; Miss Alexandria Destiny Bennette herself, standing alongside the bar top.

“Oh A”

“Oh D” Damian ordered a beer from the bartender who almost instantly returned with the drink. Damian leaned his beer toward Alex; she took her Smirn off Black Ice and sounded the necks of the bottles together while both saying ‘cheers.’

They walked through the pushy crowd and made their way to the roof with a six pack of beers. Out of every one of the group that once was – the girls and the guys – Damian was the only one closest to Alex besides him. They didn’t see each other as brother and sister, but they really cared for each other.