Chapter 13

Chapter 13

Next morning, Alex woke with a mild hangover and was shocked by what she thought had happened.

“Oh God.” she realized she had nothing on but Damian’s four sizes too big ‘Guys vs. Girls’ t-shirt; she’d bought it for him as a practical joke for his birthday last year.

“Oh my God” she raised up the blanket and saw that Damian was in nothing but his My Little Pony boxers, which were an accompanied gift with the jersey.

“Dear God, please” said Alex this time waking him. Looking over Damian, she saw the trail of wet clothes.

“Oh God no”

“A, stop making noise” he felt her scuffling on the bed, “What you doing?”

“Looking for my senses...and my memory. Did we?”

“No we didn’t.”

“Well, what happened and why do I feel violated?”

“Violated?” he asked with a humorous smile on his face. “You weren’t violated.”

“But…”

“We almost did.”

“God dammit D”

“What? It was you who violate me.”

“And you liked it” she stated.

“Well yeah” they were saved by the ring when her phone went off.

(On the phone)

“Heyyy”

“Finally. Where were you last night?”

“Sims, why?”

“Why? I’ve been trying to reach you all night.”

“But why?”

“Mason’s in the hospital.”

“What?!?”

“Something happened; I don’t know we’re at St. Clair’s Hospital.”

“I’m on my way” And with that the call was ended

“Wuh happen?” asked Damian

“Mason’s in the hospital” they hustled and made their way to the hospital.

“Daze, where is he?”

“They’re finishing up with him, de doctor say we could see him in five minutes”

“Okay. What happened?”

“Well, we was liming and out ah de blue he drop down”

“Yuh mean alyuh was drinking and smoking and something happen.”

“Is not my fault, I tell him not to do it but he didn’t want to listen to me and I wasn’t going and force him.”

“Alyuh need something better to do with alyuh time.” Alex walked off and started pacing back and forth. It took the comfort of being tucked below Melissa’s arms to calm her down and settle her unruly state.

Day 20

Days went by with Alex in the hospital taking care her friend in his critical stage. They talked about everything (of course some things were left unsaid), they laughed at the memories of fun they had together. In short. They enjoyed life, however short it might be.

After bringing in the results of Mason’s last test, Dr. Lewis took Stefan’s parents out of the room to have a private conversation. Seeing their action, Alex held onto Mason’s hand in fear of the news to come. Five minutes later, she was called outside by his father.

“Alex, I know you and Stefan have been in a relationship for sometime now and…” by a wave of her hand she cut him off.

“How long?”

“Three weeks”

“Only?”

“Yes, but please don’t mention anything to him, Dr Lewis said that stress could increase its rate and cut-down on the time he has left.”

She breathed out heavily and said, “Okay, tell him I had to go home”

“I’ll try to make it convincing.” Alex hugged Mr. Mason and left the hospital. Immediately she sent a text to the girls reading ‘Need u NOW!!!’

They all sat waiting on Alex’s front porch for her arrival. After a series of questioning, she finally made it to her room. Barging in, she collapsed on to her bed and started to cry aloud. After explaining the reason for her cries through an avalanch of tears, there was a stretched period of silence among the girls which was later accompanied by the silent whispers tears. A while later her phone began to ring.

“Its him, what to do?” asked Alex

“Pull yuhself together and answer it.” replied Melissa

(On the phone)

“Hello?”

“Hey, where’d you go?”

“Everything just got so messed up, the girls needed me. Leela and Rose fall out, then Mel and Daze fall out, and then Daze and Skye fall out, ask me fuh what; complete and total shit.”

“Yeah. Girls. So when yuh coming back?”

“Ah have this to sort out and ah doh know how long it go take, so I don’t know…but soon”

“Okay. Is there something yuh not telling meh?”

“Of course there is, bye Mace.”

“Bye Ally” and the call was ended

“Change of topic” said Daisy. “Alex, how is it that the morning after Stefan get checked into the hospital, you showed up with Damian?”

“Yeah” said all the girls simultaneously.

“And she was wearing he clothes too” stated Rose

“That’s because, fuh yuh fass information, after de party by Sims, I spent de night by Aunty Perri.” defended Alex

“I knew it, you like the friend” said Melissa, and the accusations went on and on for the rest of the night.

The first two weeks went by smoothly. On the third week, Stefan began experiencing massive pain, vomiting, seizures, he went through it all. When Alex finally admitted to herself that she was lost and out of reach, she turned to the only people she could go to when everything’s totally wrong; The Guys. To them, Alex was considered a baby sister – at times - so they cared for her a lot. Of course guys being guys, they didn’t seem to show it much, but they were always there to help whenever she needed it. The only problem was; this was a problem not even they could’ve solved. Being so, this left her a total wreck; emotionally and physically unstable.