~Nick ~

Rosa zips up her dress as I pull on my jacket. This was the fifth time she's come to the office and I was already sick of her. I mean its not hard to satisfy me, but she always ends up getting the better end of the bargain.

I watch as Rosa fluffs her hair and applies a few layers of lipstick.

"Same time Thursday?" She asks me with a wink

I force a smile in her direction before opening the door to my office.

She brushes past me and sways her hips as she walks to the elevator.

I shut the door to my office and collapse in my desk chair.

This was getting boring. It's the same routine every damn week.

I take a deep breath and close my eyes, but the intercom breaks my silence when it buzzes loudly on my desk.

I groan and press the answer button.

"Mr. and Mrs. Johnson are here to see you, do you want me to send them up?" My assistant asks.

I glance at the watch on my wrist, it was already almost noon.

"Yeah send them in"

I straighten out my tie and jacket before sitting up straight in my chair and getting myself into business mode.

I was not looking forward to this meeting, the Johnson's were in charge of my finances and kept the investors coming. Even though I can handle my money on my own, the Johnson's make it so I don't blow it all.

There's a sharp knock at the door.

"Come in"

The Johnson's enter my office and take their seats across from me.

Mr. Johnson stares me down as Mrs. Johnson fidgets in her seat.

This wasn't good news.

"Listen Nick, I don't know how to tell you this but you need to up your game. The investors are pulling out." Mr. Johnson says

"Why?"

"They don't think that you are taking this seriously anymore, and I have to say I agree." He replies

"That's bullshit and you know it!" I snap

"Nick you haven't had a new release in over a year, and you've remained hidden from everyone. That's not good business" Mrs. Johnson tells me

"I'm working on something really big"

"Well you have better get a prototype up and running by the charity gala this Saturday." Mr. Johnson says.

Shit there's a gala this weekend?

"That's in four days!"

Mr. Johnson narrows his eyes at me.

"I am aware of that Nick. So you best be getting on it"

With that he stands and walks out of the office.

"I'm sorry Nick, I'll see if I can talk to him, just try to get something for us" Mrs. Johnson tells me with a sweet smile, before she follows her husband out.