~Hazel~

My body still had goosebumps from where Nick touched me. My brain was frazzled and my heart was beating out of my chest.

I didn't know what happened in that room, but the air around us thickened, it was filled with tension and I was suffocating.

I had to leave. I couldn't stay there or else I was going to drown, drown in those broken emerald eyes.

And I couldn't do that again. Everything about Nick was wrong on so many levels. It's true he was a great guy now. But what would happen if he changed back to his old ways?

Back there in that room, something changed in him. He actually apologized to me, he held me in a way I had only dreamed of.

And yet he still let me go.

I know I can't expect much from him but I need to feel secure before I make my final decision.

"Is he alright?" Jordyn asks as I step into the stables.

"He will be" I respond with a weak voice.

I slowly walk over to Ollie who is petting Delilah and ruffle his hair. He smiles up at me before wrapping his arms tightly around my legs.

"You having fun kiddo?"

Ollie nods into my thighs, before going back to petting Delilah.

I step up to her snout and rub it along with Ollie. Jordyn steps up next to me and gently places a hand on my arm.

"Are you okay?" He asks.

"Yeah I'm fine"

He raises an eyebrow at me.

"What?"

"You're crying Hazel. What happened in there?"

I was crying?

I lift a hand to my cheek and feel the wetness left behind by the tears. Why was I crying?

I quickly wipe my eyes and grab Ollie's hand.

"I think we're going to head home." I tell him

He looks at me with a raised eyebrow.

"You can stay, I'll just grab a taxi"

"Hazel it'll cost you a fortune to ride a cab all the way back."

"It's fine really. I just, I need to go. Ollie can only handle so much." I lie.

Jordyn raises an eyebrow at me.

"Fine, I'll go call you a cab."

"Thank you" I tell him with a small smile.

Jordyn walks away and Ollie grips my hand tightly.

"Mommy?"

"Yes baby?"

"Why are you crying?"

I look down into Ollie's bright eyes.