F I V E

"I don't want to... talk about it" I said crossing my arms.

"Camari, you've been cold shouldering me since you got here"

"Can you blame me?"

"Cam" he says walking up to me and I step back and he stops. "I truly just want to go back to being friends"

"Right..."

"Well if you don't want that, what do you want?" he ask.

"To be left alone" I said and he stares at me. I shrug my shoulders and stare at him. "That's all... just leave me alone and I'll be fine"

"Hey, what are you wearing out?" Desi says opening the door. "Oh..." she says. Trevor scratches his chin and shakes his head.

"If that's what you want. That's fine with me" he says turning around leaving the room. I stare at Desi and shake my head. I go to my closet looking through my bags to find something to wear for dinner.

"What just happened?" Desi ask sitting down next to me. I lean against the wall and stare at her. "Cam, what's wrong?"

"I... just thought I was over him" I say and she stares at me. "I don't know, I'm just tired of lying to myself. I've only been here for three days and I hate that I stare at him longer than I should. I'm forreal so angry at him still and he seems like he's trying to make it better and move on past it. But I don't know why I can't" I said.

"You act like we're in one of those cheesey ass love movies" she said and I laugh when we hear something drop. I look out the closet and Trevor had brought in another one of my bags.

"Last bag" he says staring at me. Please... Lord hear me now if you ever listened. Please... tell me he didn't hear me. Trevor then turns to leave the room again.

"Did he hear us?" I ask and Desi laughs. I cover my face and she grabs my hand.

"I doubt it. Anyways Cam... he was your first. It's going to take a little more time and probably a little more distance for you to get over him. I'm not the best to give advice but don't be so strung up on the past you know? Regardless what happened... you were in the wrong too" she adds. "But come on... let's get dressed so we can eat. And so our parents can get the fuck out of here, my mom is annoying the shit out of me" Desi says standing up and I laugh again.

Desi went to shower first and I picked out an outfit to wear. I went with skinny jeans and a nice blouse. After my shower, I got dressed and slicked my hair up in a bun. I went with some sandals and smile at myself as I was finished.

Both our parents were staying at a hotel tonight then heading back tomorrow evening. My mom texts me they were here and Desi and I head downstairs to my moms car. We pile in behind my parents and drove to the restaurant.

When we arrive, we went to claim our seats because Desi's mom had already made a reservation. The guys then walk in with Tori and Nia behind and I roll my eyes. Oh wow. He's going to do it tonight! He's going to propose here! In front of all of us. Why am I nervous for him?

"Hi Desi" Nia says.

"Hey" Desi says not looking up from her menu and I laugh. Of course Trevor takes the chair in front of me and I couldn't help but to roll my eyes.

"Would you like me to sit somewhere else?" Trevor says and I look up at him.

"What?" I said.

"I couldn't help to see you roll your eyes" he said. I stare at him as the table got quiet. He is not calling me out in front of everyone.

"Camari... stop being mean. Trevor please sit anywhere" my mom says. Trevor takes his seat and I look at Desi. She stares at me then looks at Trevor and shakes her head. I pick up my menu and took a deep breath. After tonight, I honestly don't have to see Trevor anymore if I didn't want to. We can keep our distance.

"You ladies ready for class tomorrow?" my dad ask.

"Yup" I said staring at the drinks. I lean over to Desi to see what she was getting as everyone was carrying on a conversation. When the waiter came, he takes our order then takes our menus. Desi and I pull out our phones and scroll through social media. Everyone was posting on Instagram of them moving in their new college.

I then come across a familiar face and realize it was Ronnie. It was a picture with him and his dad standing in front of Texas A&M University. I don't know why I haven't unfollowed him. I double tap the picture then close out of Instagram.

"Let's take a pic" Desi said positioning her camera up. We start to take a few and Desi scrolls through them.

"Those are ugly" I said and she laughs.

"Bad angle"

"I'll take it for you guys" Trevor says and we look at him. Trevor was staring at us and before I could say no... Desi hands Trevor her phone. Desi moves closer to me and we press our heads together as Trevor takes a few pictures. "Cute" he says handing the phone back to Desi.

"Desi send one to me" my mom said and I laugh. I lean over as Desi scrolls through the pictures.

"Oh I like that one send it to me" I said.

"I guess I know your good angles right?" Trevor says and I look up at him.

"Can't lie dude, you would make a bomb photographer" Desi says and I roll my eyes. After we were served our food and our parents continue to lecture not only us but the guys making sure we will be safe on campus, I was so excited for this night to be done. I was exhausted.

Tori was busy telling my parents about her job and how much she really enjoyed it. Honestly, no one cared. I could tell my parents were disinterested.

"Thank you Tori but I need to make an announcement" Breenan says standing up. Oh shit. "It's been a long time coming, and I don't express my emotions. I also don't know how to be in my feelings, but I'll try" he says getting down on one knee. He's doing it... he's really doing it! Everyone pulls out their phones and start to record and take pictures as Nia's eyes start to fill up.

"Nia Marie Ferguson, thank you for being with me... all these years. Through the bad stuff and... the worst stuff" he says and everyone laughs but do they really know. "I don't think you understand how much I appreciate you. So if you will do me an honor... and not make me look like a fuckin idiot if you say no" he says and we all laugh. "You wanna get married?" he finally says. Nia was so chocked up on her tears, her answered got lost but we all knew what she said. Breenan smiles slipping the ring on her finger and leans in to kiss her and everyone cheers and claps. I smile at them and clap.

My parents get up to go congratulate them and Desi and I remain in our chairs. We will eventually congratulate them of course, but we're just going to finish eating.

"Damn..." Desi says and I look at her.

"What?"

"I really thought I had a chance with your brother" she said I laugh then roll my eyes.

PLEASE VOTE AND COMMENT!❤️
Was this not such a "Breenan" proposal?😂