N I N E T E E N

"I'm sorry..." he says softly. He's sorry?

"What's that supposed to mean Trevor?" I said and he sits up and looks at me.

"We can't happen right now" he says.

"Okay bruh" I say rolling my eyes.

"Camari... I like you. I've been liked you and to be honest I wouldn't be able to tell you how long I've liked you. But I'm newly single and I feel like I need to correct my wrongs and figure out me before I can take care of you. Besides Cam, I need to earn you" he says and I look back at the T.V. "I hurt you... and if I had another chance I would do things differently. I want you, I do. But you deserve the best version of myself and that's what I'm going to work on" he says and I was bored. Why can't he say he just wants to play the field?

I lean back on the couch, grabbing my phone and went to Instagram to scroll through my feed. Trevor continues to stare at me and he shakes his head.

"Cam..." he says and I look at him. "I'm being honest with you"

"Okay..."

"You're saying it like you don't care or don't believe me or something"

"What do you want me to say?" I ask.

"That you understand. Shit... say something"

"I said okay..." I say again staring at him. He stares at me and shakes his head. He gets up and walks pass me to head to the back. I roll my eyes and lean back on the couch watching T.V. By the time Breenan got back home, I was falling asleep.

"You ready?" he said.

"Yea" I said standing up. The car ride back to the dorm was different. Breenan was being nice to me. We pull into the dormitory and I unbuckle the seatbelt. "Thanks for dinner" I say opening the door.

"We're going to take you and Desi somewhere soon. I feel like you guys haven't got to explore Arizona yet so"

"Can you stop being weird?" I say and he laughs.

"I'll see you later Cam" he says. I smile at him then close the door and went up to my dorm. It was quiet when I walk in and I couldn't tell if Desi was here or if she was sleeping. I went to my room and decided that homework will have to wait and I crawl into bed.

The following day, Desi and I decided to skip our late class. We were busy at the dorm watching YouTube videos. I was playing on my phone and snacking on some chips.

"I requested office hours" Desi says and I laugh and look at her.

"With Professor Warren?"

"Of course"

"You're a mess" I laugh and she joins me.

"So Nico?"

"Eh..."

"What does that mean?"

"He hasn't hit me up...still"

"You're annoying Cam, just call him"

"And say what?"

"Can you go down on me, duh?" Desi said and we laugh. "Ask him to hangout"

"If he wanted to hangout, he would have reached out"

"Maybe he's waiting for you, girl take charge" Desi says and I stare at her. I pause the YouTube video that was playing and I sat up. She's right. I pull up Nico's contact info in my phone and went to call him. My stomach starts to bubble and Desi smiles at me.

"Hello?" Nico says.

"Hey... it's me...Camari" I said and Desi shakes her head.

"Hey Camari" he laughs. "What's up?"