F O R T Y - T H R E E

I stare at Desi and she shrugs then walks to the kitchen.

"Girl I don't know, all I'm thinking about is debating on buying a ticket and going with your brother" she says and I roll my eyes. "Camari... it's over. Although you guys didn't win, it's finally over! You and Trevor are together, everyone knows. Brianna did what she came for. Your brothers single and Tori is still a bitch. It's over. Now can we enjoy the rest of the school year?"

"Yea... you're right. I have to write this stupid email anyway" I said walking back to my bedroom. Trevor's CD case was sticking out from under my pillow and I walk over to pick it up. The last song on the case was "We Belong Together" by Mariah Carey and I laugh. I go play the song on my phone and went to sit down at my desk and started to write this email.

Dear Professor Warren

What is L-O-V-E?

You asked me to tell you what it means to be in-love. I'll try to explain it to the best of my ability so here I go. I guess being in-love means wanting to spend the rest of your life with someone. You're always thinking about them even if they just left. Even if he's going to be working with the girl who is madly in-love with him. You accept their flaws and any disgusting thing they've done. Like back in high school when he helped cover up a secret that ruined a girls life. You guys argue but can overcome it. When he found out about the situation with this guy who did something to me. Also, you give each other plenty of chances. When he left me and didn 't come to my graduation but I forgave him and rekindled our relationship. Professor Warren, I'm not even twenty-one yet... I don't know what it means to be in-love. All I know is the guy I'm with now gives me goosebumps.

- Camari Rhodes

I stare at the email then rolled my eyes and pressed send. The song was playing over again and I go back to my bed and lay down.

Is it really over? Is Desi right? We've all been exposed so there's nothing more to it. I felt bad for my brother. What was he going to do? School... work... life in general. He was going to be fine... I knew this but... it's unfair everything was taken from him.

My thinking got the best of me and I had fallen asleep. I was awaken by a ding from my phone and I look over to see Trevor said he was on his way. I hurry out of bed and went to take a shower. I settled on a tank-top and leggings and slipped my Puma's on. I put my hair up in a messy bun and decided to go make-up free.

I went to check my phone and Trevor texted me he was here.

"Desi let's go!" I said walking out to the living room. Desi was in the kitchen scrolling through her phone while eating a handful of fruit snacks. "Bitch... we're going to eat" I laugh.

"It's my pre-snack before dinner" she laughs grabbing her purse. I roll my eyes and we leave the dorm. We head downstairs and there Trevor's car sat. I walk up to the passenger side opening the door and was surprised with Blake or Brianna... whatever her fuckin name is sitting there... next to Trevor.

"What... the fuck" I said as Desi was getting in the back.

"Hi Camari" Blake smiles and I look over at Trevor.

"Alright babe, hear me out... please" Trevor said. They both were in their formal wear.

"Blake get the fuck out the car" I said.

"Oh please Camari..." she laughs looking away.

"Fine... I'll drag you out" I said.

"CAM! Hear me out!" Trevor says and I look at him.

"Honey, I'll be glad to hear you out once she's out the car" I said so calm.

"She's coming" he says.