chapter 1

"Hey girlfriend. Its me. Where've you been lately? Are we still on for the weekend?" As she listened to her voice mail, Alaine Stone leaned back in her couch and blew out a sigh. Don't get her wrong, Charlotte is her best friend from college but Alaine wasn't the party animal. She had spent months without seeing her friend and thought to herself, "one weekend out wouldn't be so bad". Plus she needed to get away from her over pestering family.

Alaine, 27, no kids and definitely no husband. Coming from a big extended family, everyone just wanted to set her up on blind dates and with the constant, nagging questions," when are you getting married Alaine?" "When are you gonna find a husband Alaine?" "Your younger sister got married before you Alaine, you ain't getting any younger".
"Arrrghhh", she exclaimed. The thought of it made her wish she could escape it all but she loved her family nonetheless.

Alaine's POV
" I guess I gotta call Charlotte back, I really need a night off". I thought to myself as I get my phone from the coffee table and call Charlotte back. It rings three times and she picks.
"Hey boo"
"Hey" I reply. "So what you got for me for the weekend, I really need a day off to relax so you better not fox out on me".
"Girl, you know I got your back, and we'll talk about all our sorrows, look at some eye candy, blow off some steam and probably get high" she replied.
I laughed, "looking forward to it" and I hang up.
Charlotte is a cop, and I rarely get to see her so any chance I get, I take it. She's that one friend, you can tell anything and everything without judgement and that's why I love her.
I check the time, its 12:25pm and I remember I have to meet my father for lunch, so I get up rush to my bedroom closet and pull out a burgundy blazer, order for an uber(I hate driving) and head out.

I get at the cafe, look around and see a slightly grey haired man, with a baby blur shirt and jeans. "Yep that's him, 60 years but always has style and doesn't look a day older than 45".
" Hey dad, how you been?" As I signal the waiter to order and get a chocolate milkshake and a club sandwich and steak with parsley potatoes for my dad.
"I'm good, you?" He replies. I know my dad loves me but we've never been the very affectionate type.
"So what up?" I'm nervous cause my dad has never called me up to meet and talk especially not in private away from home and at this point I just hope he gets direct to the point.
"Alaine, I know you avoid family gatherings because how your aunties bug you for a husband" I'm thinking, "where the hell is this going?"
"Anyways, I'll be blunt with you Alaine, you are to marry my childhood Friend's son in a month. I know you are not seeing anyone at that moment so don't bother lying to me". I'm in complete shock and I wanna scream and yell but I was raised to never yell at elders so I try to stay calm and say, " b..bu... But why? Why me?"
"Dear, your the eldest, your youngest sister is already married and well Mary is seeing someone, a potential husband if I may add. I know this is a shock, but I'm your father and I want what's best for you. I trust the family I have chosen for you, will treat you right, plus I have a debt to pay. Please Alaine, do this for the family."
I'm baffled and speechless and I wanna yell and say "hell no" but instead I say," well I hope you haven't picked and old geezer, when do I get to meet him?"
"I will text you details, when and where you will meet. Thank you dear" he says and gets up and gently places his hand on my right shoulder, "see you soon dear" and he leaves. I stay seated for another 20 minutes before I get up n rush back home to my refrigerator to my soothing friend, rock road ice cream.
"I sure hope, he has no problem with a size 16". I think to myself. Don't get me wrong, I love my body and I get hit on by different guys, some not what you looking for and some nice but never really goes anywhere. I do understand there are some men that prefer plus size women and some that don't. I just hope this specific groom doesn't mind.

Hello, so this is my first story. How's the first chapter? Feel free to comment and let me know what you think. Forgive any errors.