Chapter 20

Alaine's POV
"I'm not giving him the satisfaction of defeat. I'll forever be grateful to him for giving me the world's most adorable children but that's all he is. A sperm donor and now I need a date to the charity gala for the weekend. Where the hell am I gonna find someone on short notice".

" You could always ask the guy who always checks you out at the gym". Charlotte suggests as she does baby faces to make Athena laugh. Athena isn't one to laugh, she always has a serious face. Its cute though.

"No way, he kind of gives me a creepy vibe".

" Then try online".

"Hell no, I don't wanna come off as desperate". I protest

" well then, just don't go with a date then".

"I might just skip the whole thing. So are you sure, I can leave you with the kids?".

" Yeah, its cool. I can handle them, besides it will give me more time to know what will get Athena to laugh, she's one tough cookie".

I laugh, "good luck with that, I promise I'll be gone for an hour. I just have to pick a few documents and see the new hire for the managerial position at the new outlet. Goodbye my little musketeers". I give each of them a kiss.

After I'm done with work, I decide to get a tub of ice cream at the hypermarket . " Alaine" I hear someone call me. I turn around to see who it is and its the last person I ever expected to see again in my life.

"Kyle" I call back.

"Its been ages, wow".

" Yeah, its been a long time. What are you doing here?" I ask

"Oh, I own this place, well this and other branches all over the country" he replied with pride."How about you, what you doing here?"

He sees me with a tub of ice cream and his asking me a stupid question.

'I'm here to rob this place'. Is what I should tell him.

"Oh, I'm just here to get ice cream".

" Stress eating?"

Seriously?

"Why all the questions, Kyle?"

He raises his hands as a sign of surrender, "still feisty I see, please let me buy you a coffee or tea".

" I can't right now but raincheck ".

" Sure no problem, it was nice seeing you again Alaine ".

With a forced smile, " it was nice seeing you too Kyle".

"Hey my sweet babies, mommy is back". I shout as I open the door.

" SHHHH, I just put them to sleep" Charlotte whisper yells.

"Sorry". I whisper back, as I rush to put the ice cream in the freezer.
"You will never believe who I ran into at the store".

"Woman, just tell me, you know I ain't good at guessing".

"You really know how to take the fun out of everything, it was Kyle".

" No way, that jerk Kyle Anders??"

"Yeah still annoying as ever, I honestly don't know where my head was at when I dated him".

" You, know you could take him to the gala, make that husband of your jealous, show him you over him".

I think about it for a while, it did seem like he was checking me out, despite the fact I find him annoying he is good looking, eye candy for the ladies. Girls in college used to call him Shemar Moore, he did look like him a little. "Not a bad idea Charlotte".