chapter 11

Eric's POV

I fucked up, I fucked up big time. When I saw her walk towards me, she looked so beautiful and sexy. I don't know what came over me. When Mark kissed her hand and waltzed her away, I felt like I fucking wanted to punch the day lights out of him. I saw the disappointment in her eyes, and I am kind of grateful she didn't start drama. If I did that to Eleanor, we would be in the front page news the next day. Instead she played along.

I saw the various men drooling over her, I saw them flirting with her and she flirting back until I saw her walk down the beach and I thought it would be a great time to talk to her and tell her how beautiful she is.

I look for her for about five minutes and I see her seated with her knees to her chest and head bent down, I move closer and I hear sobs. I stop for a moment, ashamed of myself as I call out her name.

The words hit me like a hurricane"......I was foolish, foolish because I was falling for you but now we are done Eric, I'm moving out so please feel free to take your barbie dolls home whenever you feel like it, I won't stop you".

".........I'm not a fucking fetish and don't fucking follow me".

I watched her walk away, and in that moment I felt my heart shatter to pieces, " what have I done?"

I wanted to go after her, tell her I'm sorry, beg and even grovel but its best I give her some space for now. I try to gather my thoughts so I can go back to the party and I hear a voice call me out loud."Eric baby ", I couldn't help but roll my eyes at the sight of her.
" What do you want Eleanor? I'm not in the mood right now".

"Why were you talking to that fat girl?" She asks and I find my nails digging into my palms as a clench my jaw.

"Don't ever call me baby again because I'm not your baby. We aren't together anymore and it won't happen again and don't ever disrespect my wife again".

" Wife!! you have got to be Kidding me Eric".

"I'm not kidding, she's my wife and...." Before I could even finish the statement, she cuts me off, "well, you sure do have a funny way of treating your wife, if there's anyone who has disrespected her, it ain't me babe. Its you". She walks away while stomping her feet like a child throwing tantrums.

I could barely interact with anyone, so I decided to go home. Perhaps, do some damage control.
I walk into the house and it's very quiet, I could hear the wind blow. I walk over to the bedroom I shared with her, after days of convincing her to let us share a room. I open the door and I notice she's not in, the room is in a mess and I walk over to the walk in closet, and I don't see her clothes. Perhaps she's moved back to the guestroom.
I go down the stairs to the guestroom and she's not there, no clothes nothing. I feel my knees getting weak and I drop to the ground, " what have I done?"
I quickly grab my phone out of my right pocket and call her, but she doesn't answer. I keep trying over and over but still no answer and I decide to leave her a message.

After a minute, I hear a buzz and I see its a reply from Alaine. I get excited hoping she's agreed to talk but when I read out the text, I felt like a knife had been stabbed through my heart.

Go to hell Eric.

Alaine's POV
I hear my phone buzzing again to what feels like the a hundredth time a pick it up to switch it off and I see a text. I open it and read it.

Alaine, please pick up. I'm sorry and I'm a fool. Please let's talk. I miss you.

"Tsk, I miss you...tsk," I contemplate whether I should ignore him or reply and the first thing that came to me was, "go to hell Eric".

I went to the freezer and grabbed my only reliable love, Rocky road ice cream then back to the living room to binge watch Brooklyn nine nine cause I really needed a laugh.

I was woken by a banging on the front door and I knew who that was cause there's only one person who knocks like she's ready to raid a place and shout " NYPD, open up". I open my eyes lazily and look at the time, its 7:00am and I get off the couch sluggishly that I'd dozed off in with the TV.
BANG BANG BANG

"For Godsake Charlotte, I'm coming". As I open the door for her and she rushes in and gives me a hug. Just what I needed.

" Girl, how you doing?" As she tries to impersonate Wendy Williams and I couldn't help myself but laugh a little.

"But on a serious note girl, how are you doing?" She asks with concern.

"I've been through worse, I'm fine. I got over Kyle and I'll get over this one".

As I walk over to the kitchen over to the fridge to grab orange juice and she follows me behind.

" You would think people would be open minded and more body positive, its fucking 2019 not  the 1900s".  I rant.

"Hey, he's a fool if he doesn't know what a blessing you are?".

" Yeah he sure is and I'm glad he knows it". As I take a sip of my juice.