chapter 2

Eric Archer is a beautiful man, yes not handsome. Way beyond handsome. Tall, not buff but muscles in all the right places. With deep blue eyes, dark hair and a medium stubble beard he is desired by all women and God was so kind to him that he was given not only the looks and body but money as well. Coming from a wealthy family, the Archers are like a family of royalty in the U.S. Being the only child and heir to the Archer kingdom, Eric was a proud and arrogant man. Always got the ladies, he dated models, actresses and even Princesses. Yeah you heard right, real life royalty and he wasn't about to settle down, not when he had a variety if not all women at his feet or so he thought.

Eric's POV
"Mr. Archer, your father has called again and has requested for your presence at dinner, today 8pm". Says my secretary/personal assistant Rico. Yeah I had to get a male secretary to avoid sexual harassment scandals. One minute they all over you, you hit that and the next they think you in love with them and it makes work tiring, next thing you know you gotta fire them and boom, u got a sexual harassment scandal. So I hired a male personal assistant Rico. He's been working for me for 3 years now and I can't really complain.
" Thank you, Rico. Please tell my father, I'll be there". I reply. My father has been battling cancer for the past 4 years, I took over the company when he was diagnosed and right now things don't quite look good. I just hope he didn't see the latest paparazzi scandal. "Yeah I hit a pap, sometimes all you want is privacy but they never can take a hint. I bet Alec Baldwin knows what I'm talking about".

It's 7:50pm and I'm at the door, when the butler Alfred opens the door and welcomes me. " You're welcome Sir, your father is in his study awaiting for your presence before dinner".
"Thank you, Alfred". I reply and head upstairs to my father's study. I knock lightly and open the door and I see him seated by the leather couch, looking so weak but he would rather be in his study than in bed.
" Father, you should be in bed". I say to him while sitting besides him.

"I will, son. I just had a few issues to sort out."

"What issues? You could just tell me and I'll sort it out for you." I replied.

"Not this particular problem son. I just had a meeting with Mr. Williams, our family lawyer. Son, I won't be here for long and as my only son and heir, I want you to live a happy and settled life. That is why son, you will marry the girl I choose for you before I die".

"Wha..."? And before I could protest, he cuts me off.

" You will do as I say or I will give the company, the dynasty, the legacy our family has built for generations to your cousin, Alistair Mclovin. I have already drawn up the paper work and you are to meet your bride this weekend at the Sheraton hotel lobby at 8pm. Please son, do not disappoint me".
I waited for about a minute, to see if there are any more surprises and nothing. I get up without saying a word and walk out the door and head out. On my way out, I see Alfred. " unfortunately, something has come up Alfred, please tell mother I won't be able to attend today's family dinner". I storm out fumed and head to my car. "Fuck fuck fuck", I shout as a punch the steering wheel of my car.
"Seriously, Alistair Mclovin, I need to find a loophole out of this marriage deal, I need to get a copy of his will but how? And who the F is the mysterious bride? "

Well, aren't I in a hiccup. I seriously need a drink.

OK so what do you think? Please vote and add to your reading lists.